Audiophiles called out

we can setup a day and I’ll run a blind test and prove you wrong. I know enough people with enough brands of cable to do this. you don’t even have to know anything about audio – you’ll hear it in the tweeters on my B&Ws like night and day. do you deny this?

yes, you’re all liars

no one in here is saying that all audio products sound the same. there is a difference between good and bad. However, the difference between good and supergood is not a magnitude of 100, nor is it perceivable by 100% of the population.

I’ll buy you a set of pears if you can come over and tell the difference between those and a quality set of cables.

you are attacking people generalizing, by generalizing, which in turn, makes you look like just as big as idiot, as you are trying to say that others are.

just because in theory (and yes… practice), at some level, a cable will become a hindrance to the actual fidelity of the source, does not mean that it justifies a $7,000 12’ speaker wire.

thank you, have a nice day :smiley:

Sounds like you’re both saying the same thing, with a healthy dose of internet bickering thrown in. :tup:

i hate having to agree with you, this is like the 2nd or third time now.

but this is what im saying, and is what the test is saying.

you people argueing that you can tell the difference, are you going to tell me you’d buy $7,000 speaker cables? even if you had the money, would you?

if the answer is yes, you should fucking quit life now or at least get a hobby.

edit to further clarify my stance on it: I am NOT saying that you couldn’t tell the difference between a super super shitty set of speaker wire compared to this $7000 cables, because you could. I am saying you would not hear a difference between “your” good cables that were probably $200, and the $7000 ones.

By the way:

In reference to: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue16/lavigneroom.htm

NO YOU ARE WRONG :walter:

Oh, wow… I had no idea… that is fucking AWESOME!

Or donate the $6k+ to a scholarship fund or anything more worthy than placebo and/or foolish bragging rights.

thats fucking nuts, and awesome looking, and sooo over the top lol

fine, your right, donation is a better option than suicide… BUT IT IS CLOSE.

I’m glad that I’m not that picky. I’m sure I’ve done enough damage to my ears to never notice the difference.

i mean i would never ever ever ever do that but that is really cool to execute a plan like that.

i’d love to have a theater room that is 1/100th the awesomeness of that sometime.

I’m sure it would be pretty neat. Everyone has their hobbies right?

Obviously dollar store $1/50 foot wire is going to suck, i know that. But i didnt think that there would be a big difference between $1,000 speaker cables and $2,500 speaker cables from the same manufacturer… Dam i was wrong. I noticed it right away, no doubt about it. It was insanely better, and they are only 8 feet…

You can’t even master the English language, who in their right mind would take you seriously?

Aside from price, what was different about them?

:picard:

Without a question, it would be awesome to not care what the music i download sounds like. But unfortunately, i do… And its a real PITA to find lossless music from random artists that generally nobody knows about.

But mp3’s just sound soo dam bad…

UGH…

Im on a wireless keyboard thats a wonder its working at all, and i find my spelling to be better than most on forums.

Was i asking you to take me seriously? I stated my opinion, that is all.

There was some serious bass definition that came out of nowhere, and i actually had somewhat of a image. Its just cheap stuff, its not anything good, and it wasn’t painful to listen to like it had been with the old cables just casually listening to some downloaded content.