Audiophiles called out

Your logic is completely flawed.

Its still $7000, If you spent that fucking money on a jizz yourself sound system. Don’t you think the better ID would be to research things and not just make dumb fucking purchases just because you feel “why the hell not… I’ve already blown 40K whats another 7K”

Thats completely retarded to think so. If You have X output and the wire that you currently have are (x-3) then yea… there is a point in spending the 7k. You wouldn’t want to bottle neck it.

If your output is y and the wires support x+5 then spending the 7k is pretty fucking stupid…

I was never saying that people who buy expensive cables do it just because they can. Most of them spend the money only after they hear what it can do for their system. The cable company in PA has a lending library where they send you any of the cables they sell for like $250 or something, and you can keep them for a few weeks and get used to them, and if you like them, you can buy them and the $250 goes towards the purchase. If not, you can keep switching them out for different cables until you find ones you like. Or if you don’t think they make a difference, you don’t have to buy anything at all. And people almost always love what higher end cables can do for them.

Most of the people who spend thousands on cables have experienced the difference for themselves, or have read many rave reviews about the product. Normally they are not disappointed once they buy them. So, clearly those who do spend the money feel it is justified just as much as spending $10k on a new transport. Its not normally about the money to them, all they want is good sound.

I don’t see how anyone should really care if someone spends 7k on speaker cables. Its not your money, if they are happy with it, who cares?

:barf::barf::barf::barf:

My hearing is a bit poor from years of being in loud venues and while I can appreciate a good sound system, I can’t consider myself a true audiophile. That said, I heard basic speaker wire and then upgraded cables on my dad’s B&W bookshelf speakers a long time ago and I remember I could hear a difference. That made me go out and buy a set of heavy gauge Monster Cable speaker wires that I use to this day.

Monster Cables are still nothing special, but I bet I wouldn’t hear an improvement from stepping up beyond those.

I also know someone who is a serious audiophile with a great ear and money to spend. He doesn’t buy multi thousand dollar speaker cables. His “good” system was 40 grand iirc so it’s not for a lack of budget. His “basic” setup was a couple of the baller Carvers driving some Magnepans. Anyways, I take his word for it because he can hear a lot more than I can.

so did these cables help the plane take off?

:lock:

room treatment > cables

great thread BTW.

no… they can do a standing backflip though

this thread makes my head hurt.

im going to bed

I found this today and HAD to post it.

http://www.psaudio.com/products/noiseharvester.asp

That makes me want to puke my guts out. Hooking up a light to the outlet makes all the noise go away! NO WAY! :rolleyes:

And if it works in parallel it probably does nothing but load down the circuit. Awesome guys…clean the power by fucking with it.

this works wonders too!!

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~drcline2/pic/audiophile.jpg

http://rubicant5x.com/smiley/Picard2.gif

It’s a shame that gimmicks can get so much support, so easily.

LOL

I promised myself this morning when I got up I wasn’t going to get involved in this thread again but here I am anyways :frowning:

My only contribution to this thread

You get what you pay for with everything you purchase. There are reasons why people spend $20/foot and reasons people spend $100 a foot, and that will go on the quality of your system. People who buy home-theater-in-a-box will never hear the difference between lamp cord or using Cat-5e as your cable. Those that have a custom made rogue mono block that they have made their own will notice a difference between the $5 a foot audioquest and something like MIT Labs. Just because you can not hear a difference does not mean anyone will. I am in no way saying I would ever spend $7500 on a pair of pears, there is are better buys out there. The other thing that people do not take into account is you have to pair your cables to your speakers/amp/equipment. With this so called double blind, you do not know what equipment is being used, and if the use crap, which most people on this board use because being hot shit on paper is better than actually understanding and using something quality in the REAL world, you will get crap.

ps. You can find mp3 in fully uncompressed form. I have a couple albums that are the 1411kbs range.

Uncompressed is not the same as lossless. You might as well compress the MP3 back to the rate at which it was encoded because uncompressing it just reveals the PCM audio and you might as well store it as WAV. 1411kbps is the uncompressed audio bitrate from a CD so why is it MP3 in the first place? 320kbps MP3 and 1411kbps WAV are transparent so…I’m confused. Not to mention you can’t have an MP3 with 1411kbps…that would be like 4300kbps uncompressed audio, lol.

:picard:

Looks like the offer was taken, and when wanting to use an even more expensive cable than the pears Mr. Randi backed down… Randi knows what he is talking about

EDIT: I also like how when Walter has no idea what he is talking about he just posts picard, now I understand why :walter: is called that

:rolljerk:Um, negative ghost rider.