Drive threw car washes !!

O boy, I’m going to have to throw a detailing clinic here.

Touchless automatic washes are hit or miss in terms of their chemical makeup of their soaps. Unfortunately, most will reduce the durability of sealants/waxes. (Especially the cheap ones)

> Zaino is a pure sealant. They have an intricate system, involving multi-step process if encompasing their entire line. However, mixing any other products that are not in their line will seriously compromise it’s effectiveness and results.
It’s arguably the most durable product on the market, but it’s price reflects that. The product is a like or hate in terms of the ‘look’ on a car. I haven’t used it before, but it does look good on certain colors, with a hard-to-beat durability.

I personally can’t justify buying this line, as I can’t stand not doing ‘something’ to my cars, and I constantly find myself testing new combinations/products-- this leads me into stripping all previous layers of protection, and effectively negating any benefits of Zaino.

On a daily, driver, this is a product line that I would highly recommend, but there are many other lines that are more cost-effective, and offer similar protection and appearance. I’ve only tried their Z16 tire dressing, and if you’re looking for a low-bling, matte shine, this is your product. (Pricey though)

>> Eah. Ice has been confirmed to have next to nil durability. (Off after a few rain showers.) They’re formulated to be easy-on, easy-off for the general consumer in mind. Durability is hence sacrificed. Good for a quick touchup, but definatly not a standalone protectant. Also, for the price, you can get quality waxes that just will murder ICE in terms of appearance(Wetness/reflections), and durability. Defiantly not the best choice in its price range IMO.

>> I use 303 aerospace protectant on my personal cars. I like it’s non-blingy appearance, as it offers low-matte finish. Most products will wash off after a rain-shower or too anyways, and leave you with the exact look of 303, soft-matte black. Nothing short of a dye will last. (For the most durable bling-look, look into Meguires High Endurance Gel-- I’ve heard great reviews on it, but I don’t like the greasiness of the product.) 303 is a product with a million uses in the interior dash, exterior trim, rubber seals, … the list goes on.

>> To be honest, I can’t comment on most of those products as I have no personal experience with it. Car washes generally are the same, not much difference between them. I personally use Meguires Gold Class in the bulk sizes from Costco. Great lubricity, slickness, and suds forever. I use a special car wash for my personal cars though. Defiantly not cheap, and intended for rinse-less washing, but it offers the safest way to wash your car. NXT is good from what I hear, the paste that is. Liquid form has mixed reviews, but the Paste version is probably one of the best over-the-counter (OTC) product. (Second to Duragloss)

Feel free to ask anymore questions. I am a detailer part time, and have ‘some’ experience with the majority of products. I can walk you through the any process when it comes to detailing. All statements are from my personal experience, and from other professionals in the business.