next car....

One bit of advice, don’t buy a car on credit. If you can help it, I’d say buy absolutely nothing on credit, except for small shit like gas, so that you can just build up a credit history for when you’re forced to take out a mortgage some day.

I cannot stress this enough, but it is a really really bad idea to buy something you love, on credit. For the past two years, the $650/mth going out of my bank account has been robbing me of the love I have for my car, and breeding bitterness. My 240 annoyed me on many occasions, but at no point did I feel as if it was eating my livelihood.

Just wait, save cash, and you’ll have it eventually. Even if you need 15-20k or something like that, it’s not hard, you can do it in a year or two if you work hard. I know you can just take out the loan and pay it off in that same time, but it’s a very different feeling. When you save up and get it, it’s like a reward, it feels really good. When you’re paying it off, it’s like… a pain in the ass. Don’t buy into instant gratification, it’s destroying our society.

Before you say anything, EVERYONE thinks they’re different, EVERYONE thinks that it won’t be like that for them, but they’re all wrong, and they all regret it. I’m as certain of this as of my own name.