OFFICIAL: 2008 ELECTION THREAD

I can’t, too many concussions from hockey. I tried.

I supported the ideal of getting rid of a ruthless dictator and freeing those people of the abuses of Saddam, and I think that once we realized there were not WMD’s and the iraqis had some sort of gov’t set up we shoulda bailed then. and then I would have my friends still. From what my friends tell me that are there, things are getting better and safer, But these people have been fighting for 2000 some odd years, once we leave they will restart.

People dont always know whats best for them(holy ignorant statement), but its kinda true. Yes a lot of citizens think we are doing more harm then good, but Im not sure they are seeing the bigger picture. The information we had at the time about the situation in iraq was good, it didnt turn up later after we were steadfast in there that the information was flawed.

And to answer your last question, that is the hardest part.

The biggest problem i have with all of this is. If we do just pull out fast, then all of those deaths will have been for nothing, since it will return to normal for them, If we can even give them a fleeting chance at a true government and democracy that might last even 6 months, i think then we did our best given the circumstances and we made some change for the better.

I do not think they will ever be democratic, it will shift from dictator to dictator.

Thats all for now.