The new Porsche Cayenne killer?

Between this and your last post, ignorance really must be bliss. The Cayenne Turbo is MSRP $99k USD, whereas the 911 Turbo MSRP is $132k USD (I didn’t look at the Canadian site, sorry, I’m sure the price difference is even larger there knowing how they price things in the northern market). If you’re not sweating a $33k difference, good for you. Even if I had 10 mil, I’d be looking at $33k. But hey, you exclude the $33k but make a big deal over fuel economy? That’s laughable at best.

There are many many days where I don’t feel like driving my full size truck, but I have shit to haul around that won’t fit in my pedestrian 4 door saloon. So where’s the middle ground? Do I forget about comfort, speed, and build quality and drive my American truck, or do I forget about hauling shit around and go out in my German 4 door? Where is the middle ground? This is the niche that the Cayenne Turbo, X5M, Range Sport, etc fill. It’s a niche market for sure, but don’t knock the manufacturer for offering more options to their customers. I’m sure if you faced that dilemma, or had a chance to drive any of those (granted, I can’t speak for the X5M) vehicles you would understand, as Clarkson even admitted on a show (see: Entertainment) that they are brilliant for what they are. Totally bonkers, sure, but brilliant. I’d gladly own ANY of them if I had the spare change. Hell, I can honestly say one of the most enjoyable on track experiences I had was myself and another instructor showing some students around a track in a pair of Cayenne Turbos at a decent clip. They really are that fun.