The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

Moving this here to keep the meme thread about memes.

I too am an immigrant. Albeit from Canada, but I went through the process. Both of my parents were immigrants to Canada and had to learn the language as well. My mother and I are in the US. My father and brother stayed in Canada.

You ended your post with support for DACA, so I’m not sure why you felt the need to say ‘DACA dildos’. Seems unfair to be a dick to 700,000+ people you don’t know much about.

I support DACA much in the same way that you do. They deserve a fair chance to continue being contributing members of society. (That is to say, if they are currently.) That’s all. This itself can be considered an unfair advantage over immigrants trying to get in now, but that’s the exception that DACA made. They are American citizens (or at the least, Permanent Residents) in every way except on paper.

I can’t speak for what Rep/Dem senators want, but I I’ll re-iterate that they deserve legislation to give them a path instead of just letting them get deported regardless of their merits.

Sidenote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Frasier_Crane_at_KACL_radio_station.png

Just made me chuckle. :lol: