trying to find a good luxury AWD sedan-opinions needed

see now a post like that has much more useful information and i appreciate that. I was just pissed that you jumped to the assumption that i want to be an e-thug baller with a luxury car and that i would not be able to handle the all the service stuff. So thats why i got pulled off topic also. I can take advice, but when you say it in such a way, it just kinda pushed me the wrong way. so anyways, now that i know you have experience with these cars and know your stuff its a whole different story.

I was more so looking at the 3.0 because having a NT would be much better for me because if i got the 1.8 next thing i know i would be getting a manifold fabbed up for a 35r and looking to run 30 lbs of boost :).

Im not looking for performance, anything that can get through the shit rds around here in the winter because half the time they dont feel like plowing them in the winter.

is there anything i should look out for in either the 1.8 or the 3.0? As of right now im looking at a 02 3.0 for 7500. I need to talk to the owner to get some more details but was hoping i could get him down to 7k or so. That leaves me with 3k to do timing belt, water pump, tires, ball joints etc.

Also how are the automatic transmissions in these cars? Was thinking with the 3.0 the car would be beat on less compared to the 1.8t. this assumption correct?