winter beater roll call

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/admall/assets/product_images/large/ADLODCF037.gif

06 cbr :wink:

and (for some better gas mileage)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/xmav27x/tempo1.jpg
yearlong beater

Dis bitch

My HEEP in the winter zone… hardtop. and possibly the rex in the background on nice days :slight_smile:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/mjw4669/02%20Jeep%20Wrangler%20X/1109071635a.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/mjw4669/02%20Jeep%20Wrangler%20X/1109071635.jpg

Please don’t do that…that car is too clean.

Here is mine, 96 geo tracker. I got it for free a year and a half ago. runs great, 4wd works flawlessly. :slight_smile: 28mpg in 4wd in snow beating it lol

Brian

Ford Explorer 4WD 8 cyl, 4.6 L, Auto(5), AWD, Regular
13city
17hwy

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

that site is bs it says my camaro gets 15mpg city and my cutlass gets 17 when the cutlass gets wayyyyy better gas mileage than the slowmaro

1984 Toyota Supra.
I think we all are gonna have the most fun this year…

you better lift that thing and throw some tires on it lol everyone makes fun of me but i have a thing for lifted trackers

ok then i will let you drive it for a week and u see what you get. just cuz some website says it “might” get that mileage does not mean that EVERY explorer on the face of the earth does. im dead serious come pick it up tomorrow ill trade u for the Lincoln for a week.

Still looking for a winter beater for a week or 2. Or untill i blow it up. RWD chevys fords old dodges. Want something i can kill. Anything under 200 if anyone has anything leme kno. Only thing i can buy now is a 1988 formula firebird with a tpi. If i cant find anything else ill buy that for a beater.

when these tires wear out ill prolly make a homemade lift kit for it (coil blocks in the back, strut spacers in the front) and something reasonable for a tire.

I like lifted trackers too. i saw one in Nunda that was mildly lifted with bfg a/t ta’s. looked great. the pic of mine makes it look crappier than it is. its a decent machine, especially for free. :slight_smile:

id love to get a rust free tracker or samurai and do it up. :slight_smile:

Brian

If you really really want to get technical about it, lets look at it this way:

the Explorer has a 22.5 gallon gas tank.

Before i left on Thursday to go get my tires, i re-set the trip odometer. I stopped at the gas station <1 mile from my house to get gas. I left that gas station with the needle a little over 3/4 of a tank, but what the hell we’ll say its 3/4 even, which would be ~17 gallons.

Since filling up, i went to Jim Deans in Elma, back to my house, then out to East Amherst, then to Lyndonville, beat on the truck off-roading for a while, then went through Olcott and Wilson to get to Bond Lake State Park up in Niagara County, back to East Amherst, then to my house, then about ~25 miles random driving friday (work, school, going to the Cheesecake Factory, etc), work and back this morning, then to Orchard Park after work, back home, then to my girlfriends house in Lockport and back.

The gas gauge is just a little above the E so Im going to have to fill up tomorrow, but my trip odometer reads 334.1 miles (yes i just walked outside and looked). SO, after doing the math I get 19.64 mpg. granted thats mostly all highway driving, but proves my point.

oh and to quote from the SAME EPA website…

EPA has improved its methods for estimating fuel economy, but your mileage will still vary.

EPA tests are designed reflect “typical” driving conditions and driver behavior, but several factors can affect MPG significantly:

* How & Where You Drive
* Vehicle Condition & Maintenance
* Fuel Variations
* Vehicle Variations
* Engine Break-In

Therefore, the EPA ratings are a useful tool for comparing the fuel economies of different vehicles but may not accurately predict the average MPG you will get.

EDIT: same website also says that a 98 Trans Am 6 speed gets 26mpg on the highway…i thought ive read several people on here claiming to get 30+ on the highway? i think ive proved my point…

EDIT #2: lol at that site saying in stock form my Mustang should get 23mpg highway…even with the highway gears when it was stock i dont think it got even half that hahaha

Before I say anything else you’ve never had more than 1/4 of a tank in your car when I’ve been in it so that voids your entire argument. You said it yourself that all that driving was mostly highway. The 15mpg that the site says is a 50/50 between highway and city driving. Anyone with half a brain knows that if you do more highway driving your total mpg will go up. However your local commute from home to UB and work does not count as primarily highway. With your new mud tires you will undoubtedly be getting far less than the alleged 19.64 mpg.

The reason I posted that is because you’ve lied about your mpg before:

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29393&highlight=mike+smith+gmc&page=2

Putting aside the fact that you bought that truck thinking it had the 6.0 rather than the 8.1, there is no way your truck got 24mpg hwy. You got 32mpg in neutral going 40 mph down a hill. You also tried to argue that you sold the GTO and bought a 2500HD to save on gas. You also said you got rid of the GTO because you got too much attention and now you drive a Mustang with cherrybombs. You drove a sports car in the winter and a huge truck in the summer. I’m sure that no one on nyspeed will disagree when I say that you are a compulsive liar. You are the boy who cried wolf. You have lost all credibility on this forum. Don’t bother reposting because no one is listening.
-Everyone

Oh god.You are my new hero.:lol::lol:

The plane will fly.

you sir, are a compulsive retard. at least i can work on my car by myself and will actually do stuff without waiting for my friend to come help me and hold my hand through the whole process. you are also the retard thats been driving around for however long with no brake lights and no turn signals just because you dont know or are too lazy to ground ONE wire so they work…and you think im an idiot?