Cars & Coffee @ Eastern Hills Mall (NOT run by Matt)

I ran the one at Panera for 3 years before the Chipotle was built. You couldn’t convince any NYSpeed member to wake up before noon to go to it.
I tried one at the Panera Bread on Transit Rd for a few weeks. The manager was an ass and we stopped going.

Just got to find a lot and an owner willing to let cars hang out.

As for the Texas Roadhouse cruise, that is a Wednesday night weekly cruise. 4-9pm. My dad runs that one. It’s an older group, but relaxing.
There are nightly cruise nights every day of the week, at multiple locations in WNY.

Yeah I went a few times but didn’t have my car. Maybe it would work again though. Many Nyspeeders have children now so you know they’re not sleeping in anymore. My son loves cars and being outside in general and gets up at 6 everyday. I would for sure be there with a car if it ever started up again. That first panera location was great for me. I walked there a bunch of times. It was really close to my house.

Ill go where ever though.

Sheridan Drive was a great spot for it. I’m drawing a blank for a location to hold one at this year.
Large lot that doesn’t overtake customer parking, open for breakfast, and friendly owner

Looks like there’s one by the mcKinley mall. I’m not too familiar with it though. It might potentially have the room. Anyone know? I can swing by on Thursday and check it out as I’ll be out there.

It looks to be across from Best Buy, so during that time of day, I wouldn’t expect parking to be an issue. Doesn’t look to be an high visibility area though so unless people are told about it, they aren’t gonna just notice it on their own.

What about Colvin in the old Gander Mountain plaza? There’s a McDonald’s there…

And a Tim Hortons! I think that’s where the Texas Roadhouse one is that was mentioned earlier. Not a bad idea!

Hmm, while I’m kind of bummed that there isn’t any establish C&C’s, I am happy to see this type of interest. I have a 4y/o and a 1y/o so I am usually up by 6:30am everyday (Even though I work till midnight), so C&C’s have always been a regular thing for us. Plus they are usually an older, more chill crowd which is what I like nowadays.

I wish I had some connections that I could use to find a place but I can’t think of anyone who owns a suitable place.

You’re always welcome to come out to any meets we have from here. Come spring/summer time, you can usually find a few places that randomly just start having meets like C&C. I know the Dunkin on Sheridan is always packed with nicer cars.

Well no time like the present to get one established!! Lets do this! Lets pick a date and start spreading the word!! Weather permitting of course!

I honestly think the Colvin idea is the best, as far as room and coffee/what not.

I agree. A couple different options for coffee/ food and plenty of room.

I like this idea too. I remember playing parking lot hockey there on Sunday nights years back, there’s definitely plenty of space there if it is still like I remember.

Gander Mountain plaza…

Cars/coffee/guns and ammo. :slight_smile:

Dunkin on Sheridan? That was 3 years ago lol. Nobody goes there anymore.

I’d be interested also. Could bring the little guy and try to develop an interest in cars.

Dunkin kicked out the cruisers since they felt they were scaring away the laundromat

Starbuck on Milestrip and McKinley has a big lot that is shared with a vacant Old Navy and Joann Fabrics.

It’s right of the 90 as well.

I really like the idea of this being a morning event. Get up, check out the cars before it gets hot and still have the rest of your day to do what ever.

This ^

:word: