Cars & Coffee @ Eastern Hills Mall (NOT run by Matt)

I’ll have to check back but I might have a photo of the 720. But one has shown up before. Looks absolutely amazing.

Spring’s coming, anyone know if this is scheduled for Easter Sunday? Can’t remember but I think last April was so cold the first one didn’t happen until May.

@Mr_New_York will have to weigh in. It’s not an easy thing to pull off what he’s been doing the past few years.

Just caught wind that this isn’t happening this year? Any word @Mr_New_York. Kind of disappointing since it was a show that brought some of the high end cars out that normally you don’t see in one place.

April is a definite no, the rest of the season I’m still discussing with a few parties. What’s disappointing is the lack of accountability from the community and self policing each other. If the event should end, it was allowed to end by everyone.

That rots, people suck.

That’s extremely disappointing but understandable given the disregard that was given by select people. For those members that would still like to meet for coffee and cruise a bit I would still be willing to do a monthly event.

We could probably start another thread for a meet and cruise? I’d have some interest. Could cruise to random towns to check out coffee shops or places for breakfast.

Yeah, I would be okay with a smaller group of people that we know to do our own cars and coffee/cruise Sundays. It’s easier to self police when we can hold each other accountable. From my experience in LE I can 100% say that trusting the general public to be at all responsible is not plausible.

2 Likes

I’m in.

It’s a sad thing to see something like this end. But everyone should keep in mind that it’s a LOT of work to organize events especially the kind you’re not paid for. And then add in the inevitable tomfoolery as it grows.

If it’s pass-the-torch time, @Mr_New_York could license Cars & Coffee to someone else… but that comes with it’s own set of issues.

Or someone can step up and start growing their own Sunday meets from scratch without the Cars & Coffee name.

… But don’t look to me to do it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wait… “Cars & Coffee” is a licensed trademark?

I’m in and so is the rest of my buddies if we do a meet and cruise.

I don’t drink coffee I drink Diet Coke.
I will start an event called cars and coke… wait that may not be good. lol

Seriously though, I still say I would pay for this event, that would keep the riff raff out.
Charge $50 and give a BOGO coupon.

1 Like

Cars & Coffee Buffalo might have been. I vaguely remember something about it because CameroJoe was trying to co-opt the name for himself at one point.

But I was speaking more generally, i.e. he has someone he knows and trusts who could take over. Like @2TurboZ :wink:

Nothing has been decided officially, however things prove far more difficult with town board approval when there is a reputation that proceeds you. I have a meeting coming up with PSE, and NFTA about the Cobblestone District / Canal Side area

josh, lets do it!

*edit, im not helping though

1 Like

Actually, remember this? (Top Gear in Buffalo)