Mid-Engine Corvette: 7/18/2019 [C8.R 2020]

That is not a Corvette.

These wheels suck bad. Same with the new Supra wheels.

Just want to bump this post from November. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Render:

I can’t wait to see it without camo because this just… I don’t know. The vents on the sides just doesn’t seem to flow nicely in my opinion. But with a solid color I could see it being better. I’ll also have to look back at other angles.

Like it or not, the rumored 1000hp version is going to destroy the current performance benchmarks and I’m sure a lot of supercar developers are very concerned. I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of automotive companies immediately purchase one and reverse engineer it.

I base this on no knowledge at all, just speculation.

1 Like

Mero continued to argue that the mid-engine car likely wasn’t necessary to achieve the performance others wanted from the Corvette. This is despite the fact that rumblings persist that the Corvette ZR1 has pushed the limits of how a front-engine, rear-wheel drive car can perform on the track.

Reads almost like a disgruntled ex employee mad that his work is being pushed aside by newer and better. He even went as far to call out the utility disadvantage…if I’m buying a vette I expect to carry about as much with me as I do on my motorcycle. And biasing the weight distribution to the rear is ideal for traction and rotation. All of the weight in a mid engine car is closer to the middle allowing it to rotate easier.

Yep, sounds like for 34 years he was on team FR and when you do something for 34 years change is hard. Glad he’s retired.

1 Like

Try working with the UAW. It’s all about the good ole’ days. I just keep dropping in robots where people used to be because absenteeism is out of control.

Is this real or a hacked up camaro photoshop?

:thinking:

If that is the rear end, I really hope it’s the angle of the photo that is killing it for me. I’m not a fan.

Same here :frowning:

More leaks

This is a cool car, but it is not a Corvette. Who are they going to try selling this to? Newer Corvette owners are old and gray, if they wanted a rear engine car they’d be buying a Porsche or something nicer than a GM.

Me for one…I’m 36 and always been a GM guy. I can also say that a lot of the 40 and 50 somethings I talk to in my field are very interested in having something different like this. It looks special (unlike the C7) and affordable. (relatively)

Yeah, I think this is a great move by GM and long overdue. Having their halo car actually compete with real exotics instead of being, “Pretty good for an FR” like it’s usually mentioned in comparison is a good thing.

Was the C7 really THAT bad where they said, “fuck it, let’s make a whole new car and call it the Corvette”? I’m not saying it’s not going to be a good car, it’s going to be a great car, but their (GM) logic just doesn’t make sense to me. There’s DNA that cars have that can be altered to some extent but if you change too much it’s not the same vehicle. Take the 4 door “Charger” for example. Is it REALLY a Charger? Or is it just a new vehicle with that name because “nostalgia”?