Mid-Engine Corvette: 7/18/2019 [C8.R 2020]

I’ve seen some of these renderings and the front is beautiful, but the ass shouldn’t see the light of day.

EWW

0 Likes

So this might look like a McLaren :thinking:

1 Like

The second issue is a structural distortion of the aluminum spaceframe experienced during testing a prototype equipped with the 900-1000 horsepower twin-turbo V-8. The twist in back was enough to fracture the glass hatch covering the engine.

1 Like

Kerbeck Chevrolet in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the country’s largest Corvette seller, has begun taking refundable $1000 deposits to hold a place in line for a C8. This dealer is also offering C7 discounts ranging from 12-17 percent. Clearly, the countdown to launch has begun and the wait for mid-engine Corvettes on the road is down to a matter of months.

I wonder if last-gen FR Corvettes are going to be a classic some day.

0 Likes

So what is the price of this beast?

0 Likes

These threads make me :smile: :snky:

1 Like

I’m wondering if that 12-17% discount is going to drive the resale price down on those already sold.

0 Likes

I am thinking of ordering C8 plates now before they are gone in NY. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cause you are secretly a corvette guy in euro hiding LOL.

0 Likes

Mid engine? …Maybe. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Two pieces of info announced:
-C7 will not be sold along side the C8 https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/12/c7-corvette-final-2019-z06-barrett-jackson-auction/
-Official reveal: 7/18/19

1 Like

I was surprised at this. I thought at some point they had talked about selling both side by side for a while. I’m glad that they’re not, in my opinion it is getting silly how close some of the other GM products are in performance to the vette.

0 Likes

0 Likes

That is not a Corvette.

0 Likes

These wheels suck bad. Same with the new Supra wheels.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Just want to bump this post from November. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Render:

0 Likes

I can’t wait to see it without camo because this just… I don’t know. The vents on the sides just doesn’t seem to flow nicely in my opinion. But with a solid color I could see it being better. I’ll also have to look back at other angles.

0 Likes

Like it or not, the rumored 1000hp version is going to destroy the current performance benchmarks and I’m sure a lot of supercar developers are very concerned. I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of automotive companies immediately purchase one and reverse engineer it.

I base this on no knowledge at all, just speculation.

1 Like