Mid-Engine Corvette C8 2020

The second issue is a structural distortion of the aluminum spaceframe experienced during testing a prototype equipped with the 900-1000 horsepower twin-turbo V-8. The twist in back was enough to fracture the glass hatch covering the engine.

1 Like

Kerbeck Chevrolet in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the country’s largest Corvette seller, has begun taking refundable $1000 deposits to hold a place in line for a C8. This dealer is also offering C7 discounts ranging from 12-17 percent. Clearly, the countdown to launch has begun and the wait for mid-engine Corvettes on the road is down to a matter of months.

I wonder if last-gen FR Corvettes are going to be a classic some day.

So what is the price of this beast?

These threads make me :smile: :snky:

1 Like

I’m wondering if that 12-17% discount is going to drive the resale price down on those already sold.

I am thinking of ordering C8 plates now before they are gone in NY. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cause you are secretly a corvette guy in euro hiding LOL.

Mid engine? …Maybe. :slight_smile:

Two pieces of info announced:
-C7 will not be sold along side the C8 https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/12/c7-corvette-final-2019-z06-barrett-jackson-auction/
-Official reveal: 7/18/19

1 Like

I was surprised at this. I thought at some point they had talked about selling both side by side for a while. I’m glad that they’re not, in my opinion it is getting silly how close some of the other GM products are in performance to the vette.

That is not a Corvette.

These wheels suck bad. Same with the new Supra wheels.

Just want to bump this post from November. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Render:

I can’t wait to see it without camo because this just… I don’t know. The vents on the sides just doesn’t seem to flow nicely in my opinion. But with a solid color I could see it being better. I’ll also have to look back at other angles.

Like it or not, the rumored 1000hp version is going to destroy the current performance benchmarks and I’m sure a lot of supercar developers are very concerned. I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of automotive companies immediately purchase one and reverse engineer it.

I base this on no knowledge at all, just speculation.

1 Like

Mero continued to argue that the mid-engine car likely wasn’t necessary to achieve the performance others wanted from the Corvette. This is despite the fact that rumblings persist that the Corvette ZR1 has pushed the limits of how a front-engine, rear-wheel drive car can perform on the track.

Reads almost like a disgruntled ex employee mad that his work is being pushed aside by newer and better. He even went as far to call out the utility disadvantage…if I’m buying a vette I expect to carry about as much with me as I do on my motorcycle. And biasing the weight distribution to the rear is ideal for traction and rotation. All of the weight in a mid engine car is closer to the middle allowing it to rotate easier.