New Toyota Supra (J29)

The 4 banger one will still move out for what it is, my wifeā€™s 330 (same B48 2.0) does 0-60 in 5.5 .

Loving that color.

Tune only Supra. Not bad at all.

People sleep on the new b58 engine from bmw but that bitch it stout.

More power:

1 Like

Japan only :frowning_face:

does anyone here find this car desirable in the least?

Negative

Maybe it is my pratical (old man) nature but I want either a super sedan or a weekend toy (likely something with open air capabilties)

yeah these things have never excited me at all.

@BigRon iā€™m with you

Iā€™m somewhat interested. Iā€™ve seen some that look good, still none in person though.

Iā€™d look into one if I was in the market. Sounds like a few inexpensive mods to gain a fair amount of power, plus what Iā€™m assume to be BMW style materials used on the inside for the finish. Canā€™t really go wrong with a German interior. I think the big question for me would be what kind of reliability will this car have after say 75k miles.

Saw a black one on the thruway near william exit yesterday, it was much smaller than I expected (a plus for me), sharp and sleek with nice lines.

1 Like

The b58 has been out for some time now. Since it has been out, we have only replaced 3 of these engines. So pretty much 1 engine per year. Lots of BMWs use them in the lineup now. Every thing from the m240 to the new x7 40i uses the b58. I can tell you this, Iā€™ve done probably 40 n20ā€™s and maybe 12 n55 since the b58 came out.

1 Like

Curious what maintenance costs are going to look on this car. Some people probably have the thought of Toyota parts/labor when in my eyes itā€™s all German parts and labor which tends to increase the costs.
Either way, I really like these cars. Iā€™m still a little upset that Toyota couldnā€™t take on the majority of this car themselves as this was their flag ship name for a sports car in the recent years. (90s and newer) To me itā€™s a BMW with some tweaks from Toyota.

Iā€™m sure they will be bmw $$$ when it comes to cost. Average front and rear brake job on a bmw is about 1500$ with labor at the dealer. Oil is probably over 100$ at Toyota. I donā€™t think every Toyota tech is trained on them either since only a few Toyota techs have been at the bmw training center. Iā€™m curious if they will send the cars to us when difficult problems arise.

Nothing exciting about it for me, but I am one of those ā€˜no manual, no careā€™ ā€œpuristsā€ in the worst possible version of the sense. I will say though, esp after being around a few DSG VWā€™s and Audiā€™s, I am starting to get itā€¦

A buddy of mine sold a heavily modified STI to get one of these, and he is already digging into modding it. He LOVES it.

IDKā€¦ havenā€™t paid much attention to it to be honest. Not on my radar and likely never will be.