«OFFICIAL» Watercraft / Jet Ski / PWC Thread + Boats

Same, power plants are able to take more and maintain the agreed upon flow rates

Does anyone here need a boating license still? If so I have a 50% discount code and I think a free code for Boatsmart. NYS allows you to take it online now. And I’m pretty sure it works for other states too. I’ve used them for NY and Ontario.

1 Like

Since there is no fine for not having one NY can suck my balls with their new license requirement.

@JayS are you grandfathered in?

There is no grandfathering in. If you drive a boat in NY you have to get a license. However, there’s no fine for the violation, so fuck them.

Edit: Now I’m seeing all kinds of conflicting info. When this was passed it said they had to make the fine $0 to get enough support to get it passed.

I know sailboats are still no-license.

Well, if you decide you want one at least now it can be done in a few hours online. I’ve taken it 3 times and learned something new each time so you’ll get something out of it.

Shoot me that code! I’m looking at buying a boat in the next year or so, I could use it!

@Motocrossx23 I’m digging for it. The 50% off expired like 2 weeks ago. I know I should have a free code somewhere.

Just a little money cruising the canal last night. Yeah, that’s QUAD 350 Verados. Still gotta feel bad that he couldn’t afford the quad 400 Verados that are an option on that boat.

Boat name checks out.

fuuuccckkk that’s sick

Was playing around on the configurator and was over $600k in no time just based on the options I could see.

I mean, one 350 Verado is $27k so that’s $108k just hanging off the transom, before you color match them.

Seems pretty dumb around here. Be a nice rig if you lived in S. Florida and wanted to run to Cuba or the Bahamas a lot. Going from Buffalo to sunset bay is like trying to use a fast RC boat in your bathtub with 1400 hp.

1 Like

This is a south Florida rig:

1 Like

Interesting for anyone on the water in Canada:

"It’s in my view from a common sense perspective, canoeing is an extremely dangerous activity even in favourable conditions,” he wrote. “In many ways the risks and dangers involved in canoeing are greater than those involved in driving a motor vehicle such that impairment caused by the consumption of alcohol and marijuana can and often do cause serious bodily harm and death.”

Basically drinking / smoking weed while on the water, even if you’re not in a motorized vessel, can result in charges.

Those Seven Marine motors are amazing. That’s literally an LSA turned into an outboard.

Grass Island drama:

Only NYS could take an island that didn’t even exist until the 60’s when dumping from a dredging project created it from nothing in 12-15’ deep waters and claim it’s critical to the environment of the Niagara and try banning the 100’s of people who enjoy it every weekend.

1 Like

Hummmmmm

Oh, also:

the 1952 ferrari arno XI racing boat was built to shatter the speed record in the 800-kg class. achille castoldi had been setting records on water since 1940, and to achieve the record, he commissioned cantieri timossi to build a 3-point hydroplane from hardwood, covered in mahogany veneer. when enzo heard he had painted the upper body in ferrari red, the scuderia F1 team was sent to lend their expertise. this culminated in a world record in the flying kilometer: 150.40 miles per hour, which still stands to this day.

at first, castoldi had planned to use a ferrari engine, so he purchased a 4.5L V12. when enzo understood he was going for the record, he realized they needed more power. using lessons learned on the track, they nearly doubled the compression ratio to handle methanol. a hotter spark was needed, so the distributors and coils were replaced by twin magnetos. each cylinder had twin spark plugs to ensure a clean burn. it wasn’t enough, so two giant superchargers were driven by the crankshaft. each one had its own weber 4-barell modified to dump meth into the engine with an air/fuel ratio of 5:1. what started at 385 horsepower made between 550 and 600 in race tune.

Thanks @Josh for the boater safety hookup! Got my license a few weeks ago, added it to my enhance adventure ID so I have the anchor now along with my deer for my lifetime sportsmen license lol. It’s like collecting stamps.

1 Like