Tesla Model S: 0-60 in 2.5s, 762HP (Now w/ Fart Mode)

Looks like my next family hauler. :slight_smile:

I was at the key bank on transit in front of the eastern hills and noticed these were installed:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/jeller/35FE387F-A9B2-4EDC-8E82-E784EDE8EE28_zpsfn2hdo5j.jpg

I just heard about those today. I had no idea they were already there.

Yep, hopefully the supercharger station is running by the time they release the Model 3 :slight_smile:

I was told that the order for the transformer was put in last FEBRUARY!
Anyway, at the site, the enclosure around the SC hardware has been completed. The blacktop in front of the SC stalls has been replaced, presumably to allow for new SC spot lines to be laid down. Still no Transformer. Interesting that the SC stall closest to the enclosure looks a bit on the tight side. Guess it depends how they draw the lines.

:sb: :clap:

How long till the novelty of giving people free power goes away?

There’ll definitely be a threshold. Once X line is crossed, cars sold, etc, Y strategy kicks in. But Tesla is breaking so much new ground right now, who knows when that’ll happen.

Are the supercharger stations proprietary, or can I park a Nissan Leaf / Focus EV etc. and juice up?

Updated the thread title… :eek:

Rocketing from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, the new 762 horsepower (SEVEN HUNDRED SIXTY-TWO HORSEPOWER!) Tesla Model S P90D is just 0.1 seconds of a second slower to highway speed than a Koenigsegg Agera R. It’ll do the quarter mile in 10.9 seconds, which may even make it good enough for Dom Toretto.

I am waiting for the P100. :smiley:

Yeah but how much is it? I can get P90X for $139.99 shipped!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35317[/ATTACH]

Musk went on to say that the next-generation Tesla Roadster will debut in four years, with one speed even faster – maximum plaid.

LOL.

This is insane. Tesla, not Bussman or Ferraz, TESLA just reinvented the fuse. This company knows no bounds and I applaud that.

It would be nice if they could open a dealer in NYS as a independent but I don’t see that getting worked out anytime soon. When you have a car with this much new tech you want a place close to home to service it. I wouldn’t want to go to Toronto every time the car needed to be serviced.

They come to you…

Really? That would be extremely convenient.

and how often do they really need any specialized servicing?

I think you pay a little extra for that warranty but considering the vehicle it’s probably worth it.

I’ve seen Tesla service vehicles on the road here in Raleigh/Durham :tup:

I have electric motors in my factory that have been running since WWII without service. How many internal combustion engines in cars can say that? Just sayin…

• Updated - - -

Internal combustion engines (for cars) are a thing of the past but we seem to love living in the past. Thanks OPEC!

Seriously, that is really cool.

Yeah I’ve seen the Tesla service vehicle in Amherst / Clarence area. They come to you.

You can do a motor swap in like an hour and there really isn’t much more complexity than that. Most of the stuff braking is silly things like the handles not automatically popping out of the body.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4084&d=1328751818