Tesla Model S: 0-60 in 2.5s, 762HP (Now w/ Fart Mode)

anyone see the baby blue tesla roadster for sale on buffalo craigslist?

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3288155792.html

I don’t disagree here. The fact of the matter is Tesla is somewhat pioneering the all-electric luxury and/or sports car technology, and I can understand them requiring their own technicians be the only “mechanics” working on them to uphold the warranty. The $600/yr maintenance check-up DOES kind of suck, BUT…let’s be serious, if you’re shelling out the skrill for a vehicle such as the Tesla S, $600/yr isn’t all that outrageous of a bill for you to pay to maintain a vehicle that costs $0 in gas, $0 in oil changes, $0 in other routine maintenance such as air filters, spark plugs, etc.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Maybe it was built by SoloIIscoob!!!

I look at it like buying into a neighborhood with a homeowner’s association fee. Sure it includes mowing the grass and snow removal but what if I want to do that myself.
I don’t think the price of the car matters. People do not like perpetual expenses. What happens if it is $1k next year.

we will be announcing a Model S price increase in the near future.
This price increase is planned to be announced with full details, effective dates, pricing and options packages in the next two to three weeks.

John Shinal at Market Watch who, in year-end commentary on Tesla’s financials, says that the “carmaker’s financials are reminiscent of a dot-com’s.” He does not mean that in the good way.

To be fair, Shinal isn’t exactly betting against Tesla, he’s saying that if you check the bottom lines, the only thing keeping Tesla alive is the hundreds of millions in Federal Department of Energy loans it has received. Based on its filings, he says the company has less than six months of cash on hand, hasn’t produced as many cars as it promised and had to lower its revenue forecast for 2012, has had a “year of net losses and negative operating cash flow,” and was underwater by at least $37 million at the end of the third quarter.

But Shinal’s not done there, summarizing Tesla as an operation with “a poor habit of failing to deliver to customers the cars it has promised them, while simultaneously raising the prices of those yet-undelivered cars,” and “a lousy level of customer service.” He says there are more damning things to be found in Tesla’s SEC registration settlement from September, but we’ll have to wait for his next column to find out what those are. The takeaway, in Shinal’s opinion, is that even though Tesla will keep getting money from the government, that investors have no business dealing in Tesla stock.

You dont have to deliver as long as the govt is giving you money to keep you afloat. I really need to look into this business plan.

forget about it. the gov’t only gives money to pipe-dream companies who over-promise. Businesses that make useful and relevant products just pay taxes. Someone’s gotta pay for the pipe-dreams…

Not to mention he’s never donated to Obama…

Bump:

Don’t drive them when it’s cold, or the standard 10 over the speed limit on the highway:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/02/12/tesla-ceo-accuses-new-york-times-printing-fake-car-review/?intcmp=features

My favorite is this quote from Musk…

In an interview with CNBC following the tweet, Musk called the article “something of a setup,” and “really misleading.” He went on to accuse Broder of not fully charging the battery, taking an extended tour of Manhattan and driving the vehicle faster than recommended on the highway, as much as 10 mph or more above the posted speed limit.
“We explicitly warned him that you can’t do these things,” Musk said.

The extended tour thing is being denied, the guy charged it the 1 hour Musk has been bragging about for his “fast charge stations”, and fucking lol @ “well just don’t drive it over the speed limit, you can’t do that!”. Who actually drives 65 on a 65mph freeway?

And how is a 1 hour stop to “fillup” an acceptable thing for anyone?

My favorite part…

“the car’s electrically actuated parking brake would not release without battery power, and hooking the car’s 12-volt charging post behind the front grille to the tow truck’s portable charger would not release the brake.”

Along with the other GIGANTIC engineering flaw of destroying the batteries if they lose charge.

LMAO

That whole fiasco is ridiculous. Both sides are at fault.

First of all, it’s misleading journalism to not indicate that you broke the ground rules set forth and not mention it when you completely slam the product. Even if the ground rules are ridiculous.

Secondly, come on Tesla, build some tolerance into your vehicle. Nissan executed their all-electric fairly well. Man up.

These vehicles are way too pre-mature. Maybe they should stop focusing on putting 20" LCD (exaggeration) screen with fancy electronics in the interior, and focus on creating a functional means of transportation.

Tesla has had its collective heads up their asses for years. It’s amazing they’re still afloat. Oh that’s right, they’re not REALLY afloat. We are paying for these vehicles.

With all that being said. I’ve seen two of these in person, and they are dead sexy.

The Nissan situation is an example of why it is better to have 100 engineers looking at something rather than just 1 or 2 or whatever. lol

It blows my mind that Tesla thinks that whole battery run-down $14k replacement “thing” is acceptable.

If they hit me with that charge, I would light the car on fire in their parking lot.

This was my other favorite part…

When I parked the car, its computer said I had 90 miles of range, twice the 46 miles back to Milford. It was a different story at 8:30 the next morning. The thermometer read 10 degrees and the display showed 25 miles of remaining range — the electrical equivalent of someone having siphoned off more than two-thirds of the fuel that was in the tank when I parked.

I called Tesla in California, and the official I woke up said I needed to “condition” the battery pack to restore the lost energy. That meant sitting in the car for half an hour with the heat on a low setting. (There is now a mobile application for warming the battery remotely; it was not available at the time of my test drive.)

After completing the battery conditioning process, the estimated range reading was 19 miles; no way would I make it back to Milford.

The way the battery dies while it’s not even in use it sounds like the Tesla might be running the Android OS. That would also explain why it has google maps navigation!

Ding ding ding! They’re focusing on reeling in high value consumers instead of making the fucking thing work properly under everyday conditions.

https://youtu.be/VLCdP6sMN9k

Just wait for the dual motor AWD Model S, just saying…

That Viper sounds like a Honda.

soooooo I just read Tesla’s response the NYT Article. While I’m still not sold on the Tesla, the data doesn’t lie. The guy was purposely sabatoging the trip, and at times, was completely unable to get the car to die. According the logs, the car still had juice at the time when he called the tow-truck. The writer also has a history of blasting electric vehicles.

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/most-peculiar-test-drive

a battery is a series of tubes.