Weed Stocks & Investing Thread (And Cannabis Campus Buffalo)

@bing I’m thinking of taking $10k out of blozf and buying into WEED. They’re roughly 40% down on their ATH, figured may be a solid investment that most likely isn’t going anywhere.

not a bad idea.

they were just awarded a provincial retail sales license with NINE today. I hold a fair bit of NINE and am hoping Canopy buys them with shares at a premium so i can get more Canopy :slight_smile:

LOL fucking autocorrect, out of BLOZF

Cronos Group (NAS: CRON, TSX: MJN) just became the first cannabis producer to list on the NASDAQ.

That’s pretty big news. They shot up about 10% today when the rest of the cannabis space took a shit.

My portfolio has pulled back seriously in the last month but it will be quite profitable to time this bottom. There remain some clear catalysts pending… in fact, many have come and gone in the last 3 weeks that have derisked certain stocks but for some reason the volume has not returned.

Well looks like we got a little bit of a weed correction, but still up so much from this point last year, somewhere around 450%. I took 40% of my BLOZF and bought into Canopy.

yes this is the same thing that happened last year though a bit earlier in the year than last time.

with that being said, it was around this time (on the charts, not the calendar) that i made some of my best entries so i am certainly paying a lot of attention.

for those that are interested, in addition to the big 5, the following are mid or smaller caps that have halved in the last 6 weeks, which means that once they touch their all time highs again, which is probably inevitable, it is an implied 100% gains.

TBP, HVT, HIKU, ABCN

EMC never really ran up but it has now touched its all time low under $1.50 cdn.

MARI was a near-darling in the past few months but they just got smacked with an OSC clarification suggesting insider trading and lack of disclosure that their CEO was under investigation for securities related issues. They have nearly halved in the last few weeks and are set to lose more than 20% at open tomorrow. It’s going to be bad.

and yet, one by one the catalysts keep coming out for the sector.

Cronos was listed on the NASDAQ today, the first cannabis producer to do so.

Manitoba launched their MOU as expected and there are plenty of pro-cannabis policies backed into the 2018 Canadian Federal budget released today… A correction back up is coming, timing the knife is nigh.

There’s so much to choose from! I have just canopy and blozf as far as weed stuff goes, I want to get a small piece of every section of the weed market, each stock doing a different function.

about the recent trough: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/investment-ideas/research-reports/article38153418.ece/BINARY/MARIJUANA-2018-02-28.pdf

https://www.kgun9.com/newsy/sessions-says-doj-wont-pursue-small-routine-marijuana-cases

Well that’s a start!

Glad I made a jump to Canopy knock on wood, up about 2 grand in a few weeks. Threw in another 500 bones between BLOZF and Canopy.

These last couple days have really fucked my ass

Yup, i’m down a decent house in Buffalo in the last 2 months but not worried. it happened last year too and this is when i made my best buys on the dip. this years dip is even harder than last years too.

Just threw another 300 outta my check into the stocks today! FGT Here I come :smiley:

FUCK ANOTHER SHIT 2 DAYS. Gotta have patience I suppose.

yeah im not worried.

Shit’s getting real…

John Boehner, former House speaker, joining cannabis company board

“I’m convinced de-scheduling the drug is needed so we can do research, help our veterans, and reverse the opioid epidemic ravaging our communities,” Boehner tweeted.

He’s the bad boy of Capitol Hill

Former Massachusetts Gov & Boehner on the board of this company: https://www.acreageholdings.com

Founded in 2014, Acreage Holdings (formerly known as High Street Capital Partners) has the most diverse portfolio of any company in the American cannabis industry, with cultivation, processing and dispensing operations across 11 states with plans to expand.

Apparently going public soon.

there has been a lot of news this week.

province of Quebec announced thier 5 year supplier deals. THCX’s contract is a base of $800,000,000 CDN over 5 years. WEED, APH, LEAF, ACB all earned lesser agreements.

Second Cup, one of the largest cafe franchises in Canada, just signed a deal to convert some of thier locations to cannabis cafes.

It’s getting real AF. I cnanot beleive some of this stuff hasnt sparked a rally. I averaged down on 4 stocks the other day and if prices hold through next week i will pop another low 5-figure entry back in.