A few pics of the Trans AM

what would you suggest?

cartek

Honestly…I would get rid of that cam…and grab orocs heads/cam

233/239 TSP cam and the 5.3 RPCs should make 440-450rwhp tune…

Carteks heads/cam packages also put down amazing numbers at the dyno and the track…

10.8 @ 123 Carteks H/C http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823731

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466161&highlight=cartek

Where did you buy that car? it was not in Roc was it, looks really close to the one my cus had. Nice neverthe less.

nope bought it from down near NYC

You dyno them?

AFRs are good, not the best.

Yeah I dyno them, and have flow benched a set or two as well as others. As well as 1000s of other people. There is no black magic. Facts are FACTS they make HP & TORQUE and lots of it

No one said they were the best but they are one of the best cylinder heads that retain stock valve angles and stock hardware.

AFRs are all about velocity & torque and they always have been. Find me another cylinder head that makes 425+ hp at the rear wheels with a small 224°/228° camshaft and still has excellent street manners and lots of torque everywhere

:word:

i constantly tell people flow numbers are half the battle.

the nice thing about AFRs is that you know what you are getting.

For the price theres better performance heads out there.

For example…

yes i am curious about that also… if i have to spend the $ i will, i just want best bang for the buck

p.s. I got your PM Bill, i am going sent Oroc a Pm about the heads

nice car…and definitely stay away from Patriot ANYTHING.

why do you say that? owning a mustang i can remember the only choices were patriot, fox lake and VT pretty much. All stock castings also, not a lot of choice

whats so bad about patriot?

AFR and ET are the best big money heads imo. theres some other good ones out there too.

if you wanna stay budget get some 5.3L or 243/LS6 heads and get some work done on em.

well, i cannot speak for patriot products for GM, but i know of 2 mustangs who needed engine rebuilds because of patriots dropping valves only after a few hundred miles of driving after they were installed… they are notorious for it…in the mustang world that is…if they put out garbage for one make/model…im fairly sure they do the same for others. You get what you pay for definitely applied to heads.

as for head choices on mustangs…its pretty much the same still…patriot sux, VT is going down the tubes as we speak, and fox lake is where its at…however, im puting nearly 500 hp to the wheels on stock 100% untouched heads…so who needs’em LOL.

I am pretty sure this is the guy I gave a test ride in my car on the infamous day I got arrested-

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39349

you had the red 98’ Formula? yeah that was me… nice car, just wanted a 6sp… sorry about what happened, how long after we left, did the law show up?

within 20 mins, tis ok man no fault of yours
Just please clarify that I didnt do anything that horrible with the car when I took you guys out for a spin…

not at all, just gave it the gas a little bit, we were out in the boonies for christ sake… when i see ya out this spring, remind me i owe ya a beer

lol