A Few Pics Of My Trans Am Rebuild

The short block is mostly assembled…next step will be to degree in the cam. I had to fab up coil relocation brackets because I just HAD to have a set of custom valve covers. Oh, yeah, I kind of went nuts on chassis, suspension, and drive train parts. If one more box had shown up at my back door, my wife would’ve killed me in my sleep.

Running a solid roller camshaft? Another new engine? What happened to your old engine? Also another new clutch? You just love spending money

What happened to the other shop that was building your engine?

Nice wish i had the money to do that to my car lol

I wonder how hard it will be to get to the coil packs like that…

What headers are those?

holy shit!!!

Pretty sure they are Kooks unless he decided to buy another new set

Since the car is all apart, now would be a good time to weld up the EGR, unless you plan on running it. It will clean up the bay a lot.

Those are for AIR not EGR same difference though…

looks nice! Be careful with the FAST, don’t crank down the bolts too hard :frowning:

wow ive never seen those valve covers those are super clean

Ok obvious question… What is going on here? lol

Fucking proper first post man :tup:

What other shop?

It’s the same block, but with some of the issues after it was last running, I tore it completely down. NAPA “freshened up” the hone, knocked out the cam bearings, and hot-tanked it. I’ve reassembled the short block myself (including installing the cam bearings), plastigaged the crank and installed the new mains, and popped the cans back in. I deep-sixed the Total Seal gapless rings, and went with a set of their less radical rings. My thumbs were tender for a week after filing those bich’s, but that’s what I get for doing all of them in one night. Also went with a new set of ARP rod bolts. The amount of torque you need to stretch them (.005-.0055) is, ummm, well, let’s just say I’m still missing one of my testicles.

Then F.A.S.T. just HAD to come out with their faaaaaaabulous 92mm intake & stainless fasteners, so I just HAD to have one. The Jesel J2K shaft mount rockers are sick. I could whack the OEM rocker stands against the side of my bench and shatter 'em…the Jesel rocker stands would probably dent my bench. Stuck with hydraulic roller lifters…Comp R.

The Spec clutch turned out to be a POS, so I sprung for the Textralia. Also ditched the OEM 10-bolt for a Dana 60…This summer, I don’t think I’ll have to worry about mounting a set of stickies.

The chassis/suspension stuff? One thing lead to another…about 20 times.

Yeah, chop and weld :tup:

what CI is the motor? what kind of heads are you going with? What are your goals? or is this a :snky: project? You have dropped some serious coin here!

Have any pictures of the car ?

Kooks headers…all the A.I.R. crap is gone.

I’ve never heard of the OEM coils being much of a problem, so I hope I don’t have to get to them. The only thing I’m worried about, is if they’ll clear everything when I lower the caah back down on the engine/K-Member. If they don’t clear, I’ll $hit a firm turd.

I meant on the header itself, not the stuff in the engine bay. Unless the picture is old, you just have the blockoffs now, right?

alot of money right there.