Ariel Atom Crash (Belgium)

Copied from rr-ax.com

http://www.roadrace-autox.com/bbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8819&posts=23&start=1

It states technical malfunction, but I highly doubt that. I would like to know how fast the impact was.

That looks painful. But, I’d still drive one.

ouch… sent it to my buddy Brad that has one. Sweet cars as long as you don’t hit brick walls

I says he just broke both legs…but get a good look at that steering wheel? New grill anyone?

Apparently the throttle got stuck wide open and he had to crash the car intentionally head-on to minimize the damage to himself and the passenger.

I’m sure it was spur of the moment but possibly turning the key to the “OFF” position may have been a better choice?

:doh:

I’m sure it was spur of the moment but possibly turning the key to the “OFF” position may have been a better choice?

:doh:

they accelerate so fast… Not sure exactly how much time he had to think

sux, but I’d still rock it. Bad ass little buggy. Top Gear did a road test & stated it was the fastest accelerating stock car ever tested by them. Most fun, too.

Yuppie go cart :rolleyes:

sucks to be the driver of that go kart

I call :bs

He says he couldn’t get it out of gear… but what about clutching in!?! He makes himself out to be an experienced track driver, isn’t going “two feet in” when sh!t goes wrong just an instinct for any of us that track? If he had enough time to think about how best to crash into a concrete wall maybe he should have thought about how NOT to crash into it in the first place.

I think he WAS fin’ around on the street and is trying to cover it up. I mean, why else have somebody post it on a forum for you.

-TJ

I agree 100% TJ, no fucking way was that mechanical error, unless by mechanical error he meant anal-cranium insertion