eating shale at 50mph

i’ll havta stop by soon, theres some guys over near meg’s house that rides sleds too. they said theres lot of trails over there.

Word!! I actually took mine out the other day on the street for a few mins and wheelied it 2 blocks :rofl

if he was on four wheels that would have never happened!!!

Any boob with some balance can wheelie a quad. You want to talk skill on a quad the stunt 400ex we built was wheelied from the light by the firehouse on rt5/rt67 in ft johnson up Rt 67 towards FMCC, through all the turns all the way up past the turn off for Mc Donald Dr. Turf tamers with 2lbs of air pressure = nice wheelie steering!

Any boob could do that.

Nah i havent been to an actual track in years. I went to a couple freinds practice tracks and rode thats about it. I dont have a truck so transportation is tough. I love it when i do get to go out though :thumbup

dirtbikes go faster with both wheels on the dirt. 4 wheelers are the easiest thing to wheelie. thumper talk is much better than this forum. not as many squirrels. hahaha

Just curious, but what roads are these trails near and do they connect to any of the Charlton snow mobile trails.

P.S. I’ve dropped a couple of times on the road with my old XR-80. I love wheelies, but it’s the price we have to pay for learning them. Glad you’re ok man.

Glad he’s alright.

50mph on gravel, I expected worse.

I like boobs, we should hang out!!!

Hey man! nice to see ya stop in. Yeah those trails over there connect to the charlton system… We left from Alison Drive in hagaman, and you head towards cranes hollow and eventually hit the charlton trails and go anywhere from there. Are you going to be on the snow too?

how the fuck did someone wheelie that rd!?!?:wow

i thought the same thing…

FYI, The fastest Pro quad rider John Natalie two years ago at Unadilla had a lap time almost a full 3 seconds faster then Ricky Carmichaels lap time and the Pro quads were jumping 160-170 feet while the pro dirtbikers were jumping 130. How do I know this? Because the announcer at Unadilla came right out and said it.

The theory that bikes are faster is complete bullshit. Come ride with me and let me know if you can hang with me through the turns and shit and then see if your opinion still stands.

Dirt wheels did a Article not too long ago with a pro rider that did laps on a bone stock YFZ450 and then did laps on a bone stock YZ450F. The Quad had faster times through the turns and down the straight aways while the dirtbikes only advantage over the quad was in the whoops. The article ended up being that pretty much the quad and dirtbike 450’s had the same lap times with the same rider on both.

Skill and a well set up machine
:rofl

We took a 400EX 2000 or something. Which is the easiest quad to wheelie/nosewheelie ever built. Cut the grab bar off, casue the subframe/grab bars is all one piece. Welded on some angle iron and made a 12 o clock bar. Tires were 20-22 I dont remember how big turf tamers looking el cheapo tire, with a very round tread profile, not flat like a holeshot race tire. Air them way the fuck down. If you stand the machine up on the bar and put your weight over to one side, the tire would flaten out about 3 inches and the other one would rise about an inch, so you get 4 inches of lean/stagger. When you wheelie a quad the only way to steer is left or right is with the weight transfer and the slight stagger it created on the rear tires.

Honestly it wasnt hard at all to wheelie that thing around left and right, and that road is only 30mph then hits 45, so traffic wasnt that much of an issue. 3rd gear it would just cruse around 30ish with like 1/3 throttle.

When I first got my 82’ Honda ATC 185 3-wheeler a couple of years back. It still had the original tires. They were so old dry rotted/ stretched out. I put 10psi of air in them and they blew up like a balloon(26" Dia., I could do almost 60 with it). Anyways, I would air them down to about 3-4psi and had the same results. I could leave my house go through the turns just up the road and wheelie all the way up into West Glenville. I rode it somehwere over 2 miles before setting it down and coming back. It has the autoclutch too, so it’s easy to shift gears and just keep rolling. Unfortunately, I’ve been out of practice for a year or two. Not sure if I could still pull it off. I’m trying to get my friends to pick up a few 3-wheelers for cheap so we could street ride from trail to trail. I love that stuff, just no one else to ride with.

KKKustom, as for the sled. I had a deal. But the guy ended up selling before I got up there with money. I really don’t have the room in the garage. I’m trying to sell stuff to make room for winter right now.

Then last weekend I’m trying to sell my pitbike and dirt bike. I ended up trading my pit bike for an on/off road dirtbike. The thing is a blast. I already put it on the road this week. I’m still trying to sell my CR-250 if anyone is interested. It’s an 01’. I’m looking to get $2000 for it. If that goes. I might be back in the market for a sled again.

In for were the pit is for riding!!! lol

$2000 for an 01?! yeaaa right more like $1200

:ninja My secret place. Me dad used to ride there when he was my age, haha

I used to wheelie my grandparents’ honda recon back in the day with push button “electronic” shifting. I would just sit my ass on the utility rack in the back and give it gas. I drank beer often while simultaneously doing this.

How I didn’t grenade the transmission is anybody’s guess…

me and the boy need a secret riding place too …:lol