Ferrari designer dies... a very ironic death

Andrea Pininfarina the guy who owns ferrari’s design company died yesterday.
He produced this gem: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17900

Read the article, at least the first paragraph. I feel bad but I laughed at the Irony.

ouch lol

Wow tragic.
78 year old driver hit him.:bloated:

So the job is available then?

Im sending them my resume.

Am i missing where it is “very ironic”?

a car designer dies in a car accident… ? :shrug:

I don’t see the Irony. Please explain?

It’s very “slap stick” ironic I guess. I didn’t get it either.

he was on a vespa scooter… Maybe it is just me but a designer for ferrari crusing around on a vesapa???

Maybe he meant “iconic?”

FAIL?

Yep

oh fine i will :picard: myself. I found it funny that a man who has high end cars at his disposale was crusing around on a vespa. I suck :frowning:

Can I give myself -karma?

Yeah this is not ironic…wasn’t there a thread somewhere that distinguished what irony is exactly?

definition: The contrast between expectation and reality. This incongruity has the effect of surprising

I would expect him to be driving an enzo, in which case we would have been alive. Reality, he was driving a vespa. I bet he had crocs on too.

Trying to justify your mistake by incorrectly comprehending an online definition from the children’s edition of webster’s dictionary just makes you look a tad bit “stupider.”

:wave:

why the fuck would this dude roll around on a vespa?

would be ironic if he was hit by a Ferrari

:tinfoilhat: How did he know i went to the children’s edition?!

that would be true! and even more shitty.

I always use the children’s editions the print is bigger and the words are easier to understand. I don’t get big words like comprehending. and it is tad not tab :wink:

id would guess if it was a bike accident, it would be a motor cycle due to having alot of money. but a scooter, lol just seems to cheap for the money the man is making. although this area, it can be a popular thing to ride. i have no clue but why not.