GROUP BUY: Cheap Wheels & Tires Version 3

no winters available in this size, sorry!

Drag DR-16
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/drad16.large.jpg
Red powder coat with a glossy finish and a machined lip.
17X7 5-114.3 +40 Offset
CAD $123 per wheel

A tire that would fit nicely and is reasonably priced is the following:

Falken Ziex ZE-512
All-season performance. W-speed rated. Rated #1 by a leading consumer magazine.
215/45ZR-17 87W B
UTQG: 360AA
CAD $101 per tire

sorry, i forgot to respond to your stud question…

I really have no experience with this, but I’ve been considered giving it a try myself. I think it would be badass to do a burnout and dig huge holes in to the pavement haha

no seriously though, i doubt they would notice and if they did you could always just say you just bought used tires and you didnt even know what they shiny things were… play the idiot role. hahah

ok i think i’ve got everything covered in pm and in this thread - let me know if i’ve missed anything!

i need to get some work done so i’m going to force myself to close this window… NOW!

I would love to get in on this deal for my Rolla. How much would the Hankook Icebear W300 be for 14" with 4x100 bolt pattern wheels?

I’m not sure of the stock size for your car, can you give me the specs of the tire off of the sidewall of the ones on there currently? I’ll find something to match or closest match possible.

alternatively i can probably just make a close guess based on a few google searches but I’d rather not go that route if you have the size easily accesible.

My car uses either 185/65-14 or 175/65-14 although I have to admit that I’m curious how the car would handle with 195/55-15 on it.

Considering the mileage I drive in the winter I’m probably best off with the 175/65-14 to give me the best fuel economy and I’ll get bigger wheels for track time.

In that case, here ya go:

Hankook Winter iPike W409
High performance studdable winter radial. T-speed rated.
175/65R-14 82T BLK
CAD $72 per tire including shipping, duties, etc.

as for steel wheels they are CAD $60 each including shipping, duties, etc.

mounting and balancing is free if you buy a wheel/tire pacakge but its +$8 for valvestems ($2/each)

however, i see in the wholesale catalogue that my supplier has about 40 pieces of “trade-ins” in your size - I’ve never gone that route with them before but they are a bit cheaper - I sent my account rep an email just now and I’ll let you know what he says about this - I told him you have a 1999 corolla, I just guessed because I believe yours is the same body style as the 99… right?

just fyi, the price for these “trade-ins” will be about CAD $45 each including shipping duties, etc.

//edit// I just noticed you asked for the W300 - unfortunately that tire is not manufacturered in that size, sorry.

hey man, can i get a price on 4 bfg KDW’s in 215/45/17
and also if the price for two would NOT be half of the price for 4, please state it (i only need two for the drive wheels, but if they’re cheap enough i’ll sell my set and get 4 new ones)

need them.

dont have those listed for that size, sorry!

konig rewinds.

14x7 0 or +10 o/s
and 15x7 +10 or +20 o/s

rims only please.

peace

I’m going to need a set for sure.
I’ll get back to you with sizing.

Those returned tires have my curiosity piqued. As long as I don’t have to deal with studded tires for my every day driving I’m happy with most decent winter tires.

Keep in mind that it will be at least a month before I’m in a position to pay for the tires but by the end of October or beginning of November I will be ready for them.

//edit - I’m using a 2001 Corolla. It was the first year the VVTi was standard for the base model from what I understand.

fair enough, anyhow they dont have any corolla wheels

but if you are indeed interested i heard back and the CAD $45 “trade in” wheels that they have a whole bunch of are 4x100 and from a mazda miata (he said black… so they are probably steelies also)

thats all of the info they have on these so if you want to check in to that further you are welcome to but thats about all they info that have for me unfortunately. it sounds like if you have no care what they look like and if you can confirm that the offsets of a mazda miata will fit your corolla without issue then you should go for this option.

Also, I’m going to send you a PM right now about some other shiznit.

this is all i’ve got listed… unfortunately a lot of wheels are showing out of stock but im not sure if that means they cant get them… if you want something in particular let me know and i’ll ask them - i figure it just means they need a few extra days to get them in which wont be a big deal.

you didnt specify bolt pattern so please confirm that these are correct (its everything listed in my catalogue in the sizes you wanted so hopefully something you can use is here)

Konig Rewind
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/konrew.sm.th.jpg
Silver powder coat with a glossy finish and a machined lip.
14X7 4-114.3 -9SM
CAD $123 per wheel

Konig Rewind
15X7 4-110 20SM
CAD $140 per wheel

Konig Rewind
15X7 4-100 20SM
CAD $140 per wheel

Konig Rewind
High gloss gray metal with machined lip.
15X7 4-100 40GRM
CAD $140 per wheel

The last one is apparently a slightly different color.

i just realized that i mislead you a little a few posts up - the “trade-ins” were for wheels, not tires. i can only get brand new tires sorry

and the ones i priced for you above are not studded (they are studded optionally, but only if i specifically ask for studded)

ok…can we try a set of 4 225/45/17’s…you dont have them listed eh? weird…i have a set on my car that i just bought like at the beginning of the summer…

hrm, strange… its weird sometimes they just dont listen certain sizes… sometimes when i ask they are either “special order” or just “not available” seems to be hit or miss

is this what you are looking for?

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT
Ultra-high wet weather performer
225/45R-17 90Y B
UTQG: 300AA
CAD $166 per tire

ahh, sorry i just looked in to this, i guess thats not the one you’re looking for.

these are the sizes in which i can get KDW’s.

215/50ZR-16
225/50ZR-16
225/55ZR-16
235/45ZR-17
245/45ZR-17
255/45ZR-17
275/40ZR-17
285/40ZR-17
245/40ZR-20
275/35ZR-20

and they look like this:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/mtahz9.l.jpg

i remember these now that i see them, these tires are absolutely rediculously awesome.

yes it is and holy shit…that isCHEAP!
I paid $1300 for 4 tires mounted andbalanced like three months ago…hold on whilei pick my jaw up off the floor…

GROUP BUY FTW!