have you ever wanted a set of ccw classics but not multipiece...

Wheel fail or driver fail?

Wheel fail but most likely due to driver error. I’m assuming the driver hit something at some point, but the wheel failed without cause apparently.

My FRIEND bought these wheels to use for the winter with snow tires. She been them NEW-used someone bought them and never used them and resold to her) for dirt cheap. At 4AM Saturday night, she was going 35-ish MPH down a 1 lane street. Everything happened in a matter of seconds. The best I can describe what happened is the following:

Car is going straight down the road. The road did not have any pot holes, the driver was not under the influence of any drugs/alcohol. In a split second, the right front passenger side wheel collapsed and made the car pull to the right instantly. The EVO then hit the rear corner of a parked car (the parked car had very little damage). No airbags went off, no one was hurt.

Now the question is, how did this happen? The only educated guess that I can come up with at this moment is that the wheel had a STRESS FRACTURE/HAIRLINE CRACK from a previous POTHOLE/Bad road experience. It then just snapped without warning after the fracture gave up.

XXRs are the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL kind of wheels. They are only $500 brand new. Tell me what you think could have possibly happened? This accident could have been A LOT WORST. She could have been on the highway, she could have hit incident bystanders, a biker, etc.

I already know what the FAKE WHEEL lovers are going to say -> “B.S, she probably hit a pothole at 70MPH and BS’ed the story”, etc etc =D. As long as ONE person can walk out of this thread and never get FAKE wheels again, I will have made a difference because that person could be DEAD one day from their XXR’s going KABOOOOOM.

Fuck my life someone needs to learn basic fucking English. I had to read that twice lol.

Key word: She

I wouldn’t even believe that story if the wheel was made of fuckin’ plaster of paris. From the looks of it, they crashed and the wheel broke on impact – not the other way around. Could be wrong, but that whole story is as fishy as Myers’ vagina.

^this.

I’m not a big fan of XXR wheels or any other mass produced top selling eBay wheel manufacturers. They have their place, no doubt, but there is no way, on Gods green earth, that happened “unprovoked” period

They were probably purchased cheap because previous owner tried power sliding his civic and side swiped a curb.

/rant

Edit: Keyword: she Lol’d and yes!

if buschur racing made a wheel, you can bet that would not have happened

Wheel is also missing a lug nut…

:rofl

looks like she hit something and the wheel shattered. Whatever.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/02em2mtl/IMG_6971.jpg

LMAO see all the metal shavings by the lug nuts, the wheel was probably loose for miles before this happened haha

good eye SCOOTS

They should have taken pics with an iPhone instead of a high res camera, you is busted. Hope you didn’t put those on for her!

“The wheel just broke.”

No.

This picture is going to cycle all over the interwebs creating a shit storm about these wheels when, in fact, the lugs were torqued down by a set of tits.

GTFO.

We need a picture of this broad, see what kind of dawgs she has up top

one lug nut is missing

shady mod

We’ve been over this.

That wheel is all sorts of fucked. You can see a huge bend in one section and then all the fractures and breaks.

I’m really thinking that story isnt exactly true. Any kind of solid material doesnt just magically turn into laughy taffy and then shatter like glass

cast aluminum would, but i doubt the wheel just spontaneously failed