Importfest

attention whore!

true story about the ex’s. it also looked like you were on a mission as you speed walked past me.

it may have not been as good as previous years, but i like the direction they’re going. i like the one floor, SEMA / HIN style layout. the cars were better from previous years with less stock rice (almost stock cars), more built show cars and some more jdm. i was there the whole day taking pics until about 1am, and i had a blast with the people i was with as it was more about the company than the show.

I wasn’t at the show so I can’t bash or praise. But the quality of a show also depends on you, backing the show and not simply bashing. Tell all your freinds, tell all your hoes, if you have a nice whip - bring it, if your friend has a nice whip tell him to bring it. If there is a celeb there spread the word.

US shows are better for that reason, they all go all out and they love seeing celebs there. They get loose and go crazy and support THEIR local event.

Anyway as a show promoter Grand Prix Toronto, House of Drift & Drift Free Fridays / Weekends I can say this scene does not support itself. I had a friend with a done Skyline & WRX come to the show and complain about it…I was like muthf*cker where are your cars, they are at home without your support.

Sure go ahead bash all the shows…then complain there is less to do?

TO is a city with loads of nice cars that will have nothing to do other than hang a Timmies and hardpark.

nice post

sorry man no pics.
but the s15 was SICK! done up real nice… almost didnt reconise it then i steped closer and thought damn… its like mine but older… lol… i have an s13 with a s15 conersion on the drawing board :smiley:

i’m surprised people even talk about the cars there haha import shows are the biggest excuse to oggle models with girlfriends present ever. not that i have a problem with that ; P

My own take on the show is that based on the overall show presentation, Importfest is on a slow decline.

When I refer to overall presentation, I am refering to your first impression as you walk onto the main floor. Although they have a smaller venue this year, the only company to come out with a large display was the GM booth. I was dissapointed that there were not able to attract other large vendors that would add large tress displays to the show. There were a number of 10x10 tents that took away value of the overall feel of being “the baddest show” of the year. I dont think that is fair to the consumer who paid $25.00 at the door to get that level of a show. However, I will give credit that Importfest was able to draw alot of traffic with the estimated show numbers being around 10,000 in attendance.

From a vendor/competitor stand point, I think the other factor that will upset most people will be the enormous overall cost to be at that show. The team that I am affliliated with brought out 8 cars and a bike. The cost per registration was $85.00, not to mention the high vendor costs - for a one day show! The cost to register at SCP was the same, but the value is that SCP was a three day show, with many large vendors, and a better overall presentation. It was alittle upsetting that it took us almost 2 months for them to confirm all our vehicles just due to the lack of a proper floor plan.

This is just my take on the overall show - there will be those that agree or disagree on this one.