K20 vrs 2jzgte vrs ls1

no no no you got your the formula all wrong,
ugly x fast = level of cool

Those I do like a little…I actually give some props to those.

IF I was in a SS and got beat by a civic I would be pissed
If I was in a civic and got beat by a SS I would be pissed

Whats the difference?

All about budgets. Once I graduate school I am going to be in the market for a Porsche, but when/if I smoke someone they will preach its b/c its a 70K+ car. I will know I could build a car for under 10K just as fast.

Built not bought.

When you build a car gives you a sense of accomplishment and you can build it exactly what you want it for. \

The EG’s came with the SAME EXACT motor in the SI as the EX. So why do u like them better exactly? b/c they say SI on the back? lol V-Techk ownzz you

didnt the old si’s also have beefed up suspentions and such?

i think he means the new si’s

I like the new Si’s…they are decent looking cars and were built with performance in mind…pretty simple.

all i keep hearing is blah blah blah im a dirty whore

yes, but for some reason, tho when ppl have 500 hp in a 4000lb car, the also do things like gear changes, or stalls or things of that nature, and normal are in rwd cars, which not being a dick, but hook better, in the 1/4 mile. soo yet 500hp civics or fwd cars, normally wont pull the same time my car would with 500hp. show me a civic that dyno’d 360 hp, with a stock clutch, untuned, full weight, and still ran a 12.2, u can prob find em, but its not that common.

like i say, fast is fast. but when dragging, for the best u want something RWD

do u understand its not that much moning to spend to make an ls1 fast, the parts are plenty and cheap. i DD my SS, when it was a low 12 cam only car, and im going to DD it still when im done with teh motor

damn thats sweet, i hope to be at teh same with you, with around 5, to 5500 dollars and hope to be hitting low 11s. and the goal of high 10s

is this still a thread?

are u still letting dan be a goalie?

I confirm that everything above is true to the best of my knowledge as well and you know I’ve been around (Domestic) RWD enough to know these things as well. But nothing is funnier than catching a street bike off guard with a 3rd gear boosted pull and putting cars on it. That’s where the weight to HP thing really comes into play…and of course it means nothing if you can’t get it to the ground effectively. If I can make it go 11.x seconds in the quarter mile, boosted, then hey, that’s an added bonus. If it goes 10.x, then w00t!!!

Again, you said it too…fast is fast and build what like and don’t worry about the next guy…at least until there’s money on the line and you’re racing them. Then worry! :smiley:

that 5,000 was including price of car!

rwd def has a huge 330’ mark advantage at any power level may fastest 330 was like a high 4 is decent for 500hp fwd, but if my car was rwd is would around 3.something it would drasticly cut down ets,

i have a big turbo this year, im not sure my car will make enough exaust pressure to spin the damn thing…im shooting for 150mph traps if i get there, the 9 sec thing should be there somewhere if i can afford a diff and good axles i will drive to and from the track 50+ miles away

In before the lock. I am calling out the 85 Trans Am vs. my miata for slowest quarter mile. That is unless Shalerpunk rolls out in his Reno

fast is fast… or is it.

you drive an ls1 camaro, you get stomped by a lambo… ok, its a lambo

you drive an ls1 camaro, you get stomped by a rusted out, multicolor primer civic… are you going to have the same feelings that you had when the lambo stomped you? no. /point

how slow is your 1/4?

I dident go to many T&T’s but the last one i was at i raced some blue ls1, my first time around, on radials he pulled me out of the hole a little…( a good bit) then i put the power on…I was talking to him after he said he haid over 20,000 in his setup…i felt bad for the poor guy…he was a pretty cool dude…my next pass was on the slicks…went 10.8@130 it was a sloppy pass then my friend drove my car home because his broke…

im not real sure why i am sharing this story…i guess from gearheads post and rusted/mutlicolord civic thingy…

I don’t know. Its a stock engined 130hp autocrosser. I would be surprised by it if it was in the 16’s

:rofl: