Mysterious_240's progress thread

well guys i finally got it to my cousins place on saturday and started tearing it apart…lol broke more nuts and bolts that i would have liked to but hey i guess thats what happens to 16 year old cars lol…just gotta drill out the holes figure out what im going to use to replace all the broken nuts and bolts and also have to find more plastic tabs for the fender plastics:P…so yeah i got the front bumper and fenders off the car…took the pinstriping off and started sanding…little bit of metal fab needed in engine bay and passenger side and alot of fab needed on the drivers side fender well…heres some pics…will post more as i progress on the car

and now onto the cancer:P

looking like quite the project man, but these things are tons of fun/tears and you end up learning a lot.
you gonna do any welding on those rust spots?

yeah anything that has a hole or is really really weak will get cut out and have fresh metal welded in and anything that i can just fiberglass over ill clean it up and cover it…i have always wanted one of these cars and now i have one and im not gonna let rust and holes stop me from pursuing my dream of drifting:P lol

dont fibreglass unless your making a widebody and good luck congrats on the car i guess this means i better make a thread to and we can compete to see who finishes first

lol with me only working at canadian tire and only making 9.50 an hour it will probably be you…lol…but then again i dont know about you but i plan to have mine on the road by spring…

Wow that rust around the shock does not look safe lol…good thing your fixing that shit

hey man, welcome to the scene. what are your overall plans for her?

Do it.
We’ll have a build-thread-off…:stuck_out_tongue:

That’s awesome.

99 percent of people who pick up the 240s claim to be going to do paint, etc…they never start it. you start it with pics in the first week. Sick!

… i’m goin to do paint on my car … I’d rather drive around in my moms sunfire vs a red and green 240sx haha

you said it ill start putting my build thread up tonight oh and good luck i only make 9.50 to :stuck_out_tongue: let the threads begin !!!

Maybe I’ll jump on the bandwagon and throw mine up too…

lets do it im gonna see if i can pear pressure bing into giving use a build thread section

TIP for people with shitty camera’s

use imageshack.us to upload, and upload them as FORUM sized pictures so that it looks better quality
and fits everyones screens

Don’t use them?
Borrow a good one or invest in a good one.

I can’t stand people who throw up shitty ass fucking pics. From either their BB, iPhone, or 1.5 megapizxel camera.

lol the pics fit my screen pretty well…but then again i have a 20" monitor im looking through…lol sorry the light in the shop isnt better we are working on that…

good going man keep it coming. project threads are always fun. Perhaps i should start mine up. Shit just realised your inspiring everyone to make a build thread

never seen a bumper beam like that befor

you said it ill start putting my build thread up tonight oh and good luck i only make 9.50 to :stuck_out_tongue: let the threads begin !!![/QUOTE]

Damnit, I have to finish building my garage first…lol
My build is easily going to take all winter, so lets make it a “most baller” or “most involved” or something.

I make 17.00, but I only get to work 2 1/2 months, ending in December, then it’s back to school. Much like the garage, it’ll be a credit line build…:stuck_out_tongue:

But enough excuses, lets see those threads.

What does everyone have planned anyway?
Mine includes:

• New engine (S14 SR20)
  • S15 diff
  • Oil filter relocation, and swap everything from the other engine
  • All new bushings/AL subframe bushings
  • Harness/all wiring cleanup
  • Rust removal & paint in the engine bay
  • Strip everything, and make sure there’s no rusties anywhere, then clean/reassemble
  • Fix/paint lip/bumper

That’s all I really have right now, who knows what the winter may bring…:smiley:

here are my plans for over the winter…and the work i have done to it already was done in about 3 hours…with 2 ppl

-re-fab the drivers side fender well
-fix all the rust that is possible
-paint (white) maybe still havent got a 100% decision yet
-sway bar kit(240sx.ca)
-koni yellow adjustables with eibach sportline springs (coilovers when i can afford it)
-front and rear strut bars(240sx.ca)
-rear lower traction bars (240sx.ca)
-tein inner and outer tie rod and tie rod ends(240sx.ca)
-brakes and steel braided lines
-body kit (still looking for the one i want)
-header back exhaust
-black interior (if i can find one in good shape
-need to get new left and right fenders
-passenger side door handle
-short shifter
-new windsheild
-paint engine bay

thats the to do list for right now…could change depending on how thw budget goes and how cheap i can find some stuff…if anyone has anything on this list forsale let me know please…