New Car for NickAlero2000

My parents want me to know how to drive a stick before i get one. . .this poses a big issue. If any of you guys are willing to teach me? Even just in parking lots, it would be more than appreciated.
Also, are there any driving schools in the area that anyone knows of that teach you how to drive a 5-speed?

dont go to a driving school its not hard at all thats a big waste of money ask bobby he would let you drive the vw

Yeah i don’t even know you but I’d be willing to help you learn. My Suzuki probably isn’t the best to learn on. Wish I had my old Jeep, thing was butter.

Don’t try to learn on a newer car, the electronic throttle makes it a pain in the ass if its your first time.

It also helps to know what you are doing when you are driving the car. Learn what the clutch does, learn how the gears in the transmission work, etc. Then you’ll know exactly what your inputs are doing to the car rather than “oh, this pedal makes the RPM’s do gown” :lol

I technically “learned” on my car, and it was my first stick shift car. However, I grew up riding dirtbikes and quads and things of that nature. My family had a bunch of land and I always rode their quad when I was little, and tons of my friends had dirtbikes that I rode often as a kid. So way back in the day I learned how to operate a clutch and manually shifted tranny, and when I got old enough to drive I knew pretty much exactly what I was doing. When I bought my SS Cobalt, I got in it at the dealer with 9 (yes nine) miles on it, never have driven a stickshift car in my life, and drove the car home. :lol And nope, I did not stall it, not once.

Good story, you deserve a cookie

bold = TERRIBLE IDEA

I would have went for a cookie when I typed that too because I had the munchies.

if your looking for a cheap, reliable car that you can modd. You cant overlook a honda. Shit, if you had a couple grand more, Id sell ya mine.

I’m going to be selling my 2000 Civic Dx hatch in a week or two. It only has 106kmi on it. I have a few things I want to get done it it first, but I’m looking to get $2700 for it.

I’d like to take a look at it, once insurance looks at my car and i know how much im getting. im just looking for the beater right now, so this could be a good car.
thanks sully

I know a few used mid-late 90’s GM vehicles on this site that will make your early-mid 00’ GM vehicle look like it’s standing still sooooooo, no.

good beater plus ~40 mpg:excited can’t really beat it! lol

Do not buy it… sullly is a biggg scammer

Thanks bro. :lol

haha just kiddin :hug

CALM DOWN

I said for a daily driver. I’d take my car over some mid 90’s GM shitbox any day of the week…

Yeah, Vettes and Camaros but the rest are pretty much shit.

Yup. Even then, I wouldn’t take either of those as a year round daily driver…

somethin with a TDI in it?

Nick I have a 1997 Honda Accord EX with leather. It’s a stick, with leather and a roof. Great car I drive it everyday. Consistently gets 30-32mpg in mixed driving. Highway only i’ve seen up to 35. Needs a windshield but if you were serious about purchase and we worked something out i would get that replaced no probs.