New Car for NickAlero2000

Mx-5 is selling a 99 V6 Camaro , T-Tops, red, for $4600
I think its a v6 3800, same as in a 2nd gen w-body. Its a reliable engine as far as I know.
http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=8515

I have this mental picture of you driving with no windshield all dressed up something like this:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_DKsiFhovI3o/SFiiOxhN9VI/AAAAAAAABX0/xqHCXAHKx_Y/s400/16_michael_goggles.gif

:rofl

i would totally try that! Does it have anything to do with my facebook pic with the helmet? LOL!!!

It just has a crack though, its not missing!

Edit: Just realized you may not be able to see it there… Here ya go:

your a boob… name a dirt bike with 60hp.

the husky and my ktm may look like dirt bikes, but I will run away from any beginner - novice jap bike rider in the twisties.

Aint no dirt bike S0N!

Case and point, some kid on a kanatuna parked next to my bike. I was about to get on when he walked over and asked me the two most common squid questions… “is that dirt bike fast” and “can you wheelie it” I looked at his rear tire, same size as my SMC… his shit was flat in the center and had over a half inch chicken stripe… mine has maybe an 1/8 inch left of a stripe. I replied, faster than you anywhere but the freeway, and yes I can wheelie it. He said busshit, its just a dirt bike… i pointed to my back tire, vs his and he said so what. I lol’d and left.

Now On topic…
NICK. How old are you… name the cars you have driven before. I am not bashing you, I just want to get an idea of the level of “fast” your looking for. this will help us put you in a car that will make you feel good, and not splatter you all over a guardrail.

PS look at the othe rnew guys “what should I get…” thread, your both in the same market it looks like.

After I read it again, I figured you meant it was only cracked, but the damage had been done. Next time I see you, I expect it to be with a helmet and goggles. :lol

OP - don’t listen to Chris with his “electronic throttle” nonsense.
I learned to drive on my Jetta with no problems.
I drove a Cobalt SS/Saab 93 after driving my car/various other manuals for a few years, and the clutch in those cars makes me want to kill myself. It’s just retarded. Bottom line.

Explain to your parents that the best way to learn is in your own vehicle. It’s more beneficial anyway. You’re learning how your car responds to what you do. Granted a general know how is going to help you more than not knowing at all, but it just makes more sense to get comfortable with the car you’ll be driving every day.

/mini rant

My mom doesn’t want me getting a stick at all, and my dad is ok with it. My mom is like “we need to get you on the road”, but I’m not buying an automatic. Its MY insurance money, but this argument brings up that its HER insurance POLICY I’m under. lose-lose situation. :banghead I’m in NO position to get my own insurance, so this just sucks.

Maybe I’ll just go without a car for now. idk, I’m kinda pissed about all this.

theres a few integras on here that arent to horrible

You can learn to drive stick on my Integra

I’d more than appreciate that dude :slight_smile:

It’s a “stage 5” six puck, if you stall it, your lesson will be over.

:frowning:
Does that mean its easy to stall? Sry idk jack about manual transmissions, although I have been reading about them :smiley:
lol

You can learn on any car relatively easily. Shouldnt take you more than a day to get used to it.

What are you looking for in the car you want?

In all seriousness… find somebody with a basic car… Cobalt, Focus, Civic etc. with a 5 speed. They are very forgiving. Once you get the hang of it, you can drive pretty much anything.

Eventually, a beater and a drag/auto-x car. I’m looking for the beater at this point. Cheap, reliable, 5-speed if my parents ever get over that.

I’m done modding my daily. idk what I’m getting yet as the car I’ll work on, but I have a fairly high paying internship through RPI coming up in the spring, so I’ll be able to support 2 cars at that point.

But like I said above, for right now, I need the solid point A-point B car.

oh and… civic is my suggestion

Ok. Just FYI, drag+auto-x= error 404 not found:lol

Id buy Sullys civic, CRAZY good mpg!

i meant “or”, my bad if i didnt clarify :banghead :lol

I want to look at sullys civic! still gotta see what ins. gives me for the alero though

So this will be a $20/minute lesson? :lol

It really depends on what your interests are. Honestly, I love MR2’s, they’re cheap and VERY reliable (I beat the ever living shit out of mine and only have about $40 in maintenance into it), but i would not recommend one as a year round DD. They are very twitchy and probably wouldn’t be so hot in the snow even with snow tires.

That being said, a Civic is a good way to go. Any generation, really.

Honestly, if I was looking for a DD in your budget range, I’d go MkII VW. I’ve loved all of bigred’s MkII’s and every “clean” one that I’ve seen. They can be made “fast enough” for not too much, especially for someone coming from an Alero :smiley: .

A few examples, some are obviously faster/better/in better shape than others

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-VW-Jetta-2-Door-Diesel-5-Speed-Records_W0QQitemZ120450436421QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1c0b67cd45&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-1|39%3A1#ht_500wt_1060

comes with uninstalled turbo kit for a little project, only asking 5.5k:

rebuilt motor but a little beat up, only 1,000!!!

PNW but seemingly minttttt, 5k

You get the idea. Plus, the VW crowd is the best there is, no questions asked.

My $.02

After claiming that you wanted to do a 4088 on the alero… you should have to ride the bus for awhillllle before you get car privileges back.