New Car for NickAlero2000

Only problem with that is that VW’s CAN be very testy, and unreliable at times. Many require re-wiring, and not to sound like a dickhead, but 2000Alero doesnt sound like hes super mechanically inclined(no offense dude).

Yeah coming home from H20i in the rain… first thing that gives out… wipers.

:rofl

:lmao

Oh and correction, VW isnt the “best crowd”, they are the WIERDEST crowd :rofl

i think they’re the funniest lol

None taken, except I am mechanically inclined :lol

I’m at RPI for an Aero/Mech Engineering dual major. As long as I know what I have to do when I’m working on a car, I can usually do it pretty quick, except for lowering springs apparently. :banghead

You will have to prove it to this crowd! For the most part, everyone here is in it for fun and experiences. Some people here get srs with their cars, have been in the know for a long time, and have a good ammount of money wrapped up into their rides… Some people “aquired” their $$ and/or rides from undisclosed sources… and some people are loaded and make us wish we hit the lotto. But for the most part everyone here is cool as hell, and at the end of the day get along just fine.

BUT

You have to D0 WORK, not just cob shit together. It doesnt have to cost a million bucks but if you make smart choices here and there you will be very happy with the out come and we will respect your work.

AND PS… The last job I worked at, this kid was a grad from RPI, he was a system engineer… He was a complete boob, and didnt know dick. Awefull to work with, made an ass out of himself constantly… and re-engineered his 07 civic front bumper with plastic coragaited (*sp) cardboard becasue he swor that Honda didnt know anythig about MPG/areodynamics. He also told me his SI got 50mpg! As soon as he told me this, I lost all credit for the guy.

DONT BE LIKE HIM! :slight_smile:

Don’t drive a Cobalt SS/Saab 93 as your first stick shift car then :lol

This. Ask Crazyz250 how we left our buddy on his SV-650 in the dust yesterday out in berne :lol So funny how sportbike riders think because they can go 200mph in a straight line that they are god in the turns. A great majority of them don’t know how to ride their bikes even CLOSE to their full potential in the twisties… I think it’s hilarious.

Also, just because you can read the books doesn’t mean you have what it takes to do the job in the real world. :slight_smile:

^ TRUTH

Everyone I com in contact with and we talk cars, in the first 3 minutes I can tell if they are bullshitting me, retarded or know their shit. I am no pro, by a long stretch, but I ask alot of questions and learn something new everytime I pick up a wrench.

word, the wipers worked but wouldnt shut off. cant blame the car tho its all thanks to windshield that was not correctly sealed by the PO.

QFT.
Hence, my intership coming up. Hoping to get some hands on in college before I go into the field out when I’m done with school.