Official MythBusters "PLANE on a CONVEYOR" episode PARTY!!! (12/12/07 @ 8pm)

are they on the same belt? if so yes, the thrust of the punch is independent of the opposing force of the belt. wanna fight about it?

OMG UR WRONG!!!

ugh this makes my head hurt

haha im in for this

fine. we’re setting up a cage around my treadmill and only one internet retard is walking out. me and you buddy. it’s on.

its on bitch!!! Im gonna insult you on my keyboard so bad!

word im in.

In.

IN, I have an idea too. We should all have to put a vote in when we get there…
Fly (the correct answer) VS. No Fly (Water Heads)
Whoever loses has to pay the bill.

If I go to one meet this year it will be this one.

And I could give a fuck about the plane flying or whatever but HOT Waitresses and Sequoia Sexy Arms all in one place.

All aboard the dreamboat!

can jrod afford all that?

IN!

I’m there.

Um… of course it will still be able to take off. The velocity of the air over the wings (plane speed relative to a static position roughly) is the ONLY thing that matters. How fast the conveyor or its wheels move is completely irrellevent.

However, they need to specify that the conveyer is going backwards at TWICE the speed of the plane. (plane speed -plane speed = dead stall, plane couldnt even move, you need to substract plane speed AGAIN to make it the opposite of plane speed)

As I said, if the plane if moving forward on the conveyer at takeoff speed relative to the ground, the speed of the conveyor and wheels (-2x plane speed) is meaningless… though you better not be twitchy on the controls!

:picard:

This is for the meet, not to discuss the theory… Check the OT thread, please.

OMG!!! NO ONE EVER SAID THAT BEFORE!!! YOUVE SOLVED IT!!!111one

UPDATE:

I officially have half of the restaurant set aside for this. The owners a cool with it and looking forward to it. Working on NYPSEED ‘specials’

Niiiiice :tup:

awesome i cant wait!

im kinda slow so are they trying to make it look like a place is taking off like a helicopter? like standing still? this might be fun to attend