Mythbusters - Anyone see something that will stop 6000 page threads?

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9801967776/m/5321919039/p/1

clif:

Finally, Adam and Jamie carefully navigate their way through a myth that has baffled everyone from web bloggers to pilots. If a plane is traveling at takeoff speed on a conveyor belt, and the belt is matching that speed in the opposite direction, can the plane take off? Extensive small-scale testing with a super treadmill and a nearly uncontrollable model airplane don’t completely resolve the myth, so our flight cadets supersize the myth with help from a willing pilot and his Ultralight flying machine.

boy, i can’t wait. Hopefully wetwerks will watch it. I can’t wait for his boeing engineering ass to be put in its place.

about time, i can’t wait for all the doubters.

wow! very nice!

I think the show is Dec 12th

I will mark the calendar

Meet? This could be sweet if we arrange to have it at a bar with a large tv, we could do bets and stuff.

I have 5 bux saying it will take off.

i want this to be bumped because i will most likely miss this episode

cant wait!!1

The plane will take off.

i can’t wait!!

i hope everyone braces themselves. i think the internet may implode when this happens.

I say the plane will NOT take off, insufficient airflow over the wings to generate lift. I also say they do a closeup shot of Kari’s ass or chest at least 3 times during the show.

i say in a real life situation the plane will take off but i have a feeling they are going to have a hard time replicating this and it wont on tv. And yes Kari is the hottest fucking nerd on the planet.

:picard:

i agree. this will encourage more idiots.

Definately get ready for the doubters that say, “Its not the same thing”.

i have a feeling this thread will now hit 6000 pages.

die.

The plane will take off

you die too.

God, i’m starting to get fired up already.

well… we have til 12/12/07 to hit 6000 pages… then the next post with be PWNT and all interweb posting will stop.

I can’t believe people still can’t see that the wheels have nothing to do with thrust.