$BET: Plane Will take off. Stake your claim

$20 says that the plane will take off, so long as the “Mythbusters” are able to replicate the actual question environment.

I do not think that they will be able to replicate a Zero-Sum ‘treadmill’ that is long enough for the plane to take off.

If they can, you (doubters) will have a new understanding of airspeed.

$20. Vote. If they fail, under the above mention stip., I will pay out to the first 10 people to vote & post (for timestamp).

if the plane fails to take off during a properly replicated experiment, ive got another $20/person to the first 10 doubters that post below me

whos in ?

money where your mouth is boys

No one even knows what the original fucking question is…

"will it take off? " is just a poorly worded question…

fucking search ?

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:3,topic:37439"”]

No one even knows what the original fucking question is…

"will it take off? " is just a poorly worded question…

[/quote]

A plane is standing on a runway that can move like a giant conveyor belt. The plane applys full forward power and attempts to take off. This conveyer has a control system that tracks the plane’s wheel speed and tunes the speed of the conveyer to be exactly the same but in the opposite direction, similar to a treadmill.

The question is:

Will the plane take off or not?

dawt

I’ve seen 8 or 9 versions of the question! easy

there are still soo many unknowns that its a worthless question

it will take off.

im in.

if i vote no and it’s yes, do i have to pay you $20?

Wow this is a very complicated question.

I’m going to vote Yes because I dont know for sure.

I like gambling!

yea, its not truely a bet if both parties dont throw money down on it

[quote=“Joe,post:8,topic:37439"”]

if i vote no and it’s yes, do i have to pay you $20?

[/quote]

it would be a bet, so yes.

damn, it sounded like a shot at free money just in case. the plane will obviously take off anyway

TAKE OFF!!

It will take off.

Yes, and why bet not like we’ll ever see the money. That said I’d put $20 on it taking off.

It wont take off …

it will act like it’s just standing still …

put the largest fan you could poss. find in front of it … blowing at 100mph winds … than maybe … but without that … no chance in hell

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:16,topic:37439"”]

It wont take off …

put the largest fan you could poss. find in front of it … blowing at 100mph winds … than maybe … but without that … no chance in hell

[/quote]

$20.

[/quote]

Ha ha, I love this one, yes there maybe enough lift to pick the plane off the ground, but with out the pull from the engine… there is going to be some SERIOUS stability issues with the plane and just fucking crash and burn…

but in theory the largest fan could make that plane fly…

i am not going to play… i have been in a plane that could not take off…

It wont take off …

[/quote]

sigh.
the plane will not be standing still, though.