pjb,s e/bay build up

PJB haz motor?! Rock on!

True. Maybe I should open it. I probably wouldnt know what I was looking at anyway though.

Yeah, now I still need some other parts though.

i told ya get it to a machine shop and get it cheacked they will only charge ya a little bit ,at least my guy will that way no suprises …and after just rewrap it and fog it wit foggin oil

Yeah, I havent gotten a chance to yet.

it says inspect before acceptance on the tags. you should open it up. then just take motor oil or WD40 and wipe the cylinder walls down, wipe the deck down,and any other gasket surface and you will be good and lay a clean sheet over the engine to cover it.

I did peel back the one layer of plastic and everything seemed ok underneath. I really wouldnt be able to notice any machining problems if I uncovered it completely anyway.

I didnt want to take any chances getting it wet or anything on the way home or in the garage.

I bought an oil pan this morning and another MAF sensor last night. Hopefully that one doesnt come broken.

I bought a used set of World Windsor Sr. iron heads for the POS last week. Im probably going to take them to the machine shop tomorrow or Thursday.

Unfortunately the springs might be the wrong type for a roller cam. I bought the heads thinking the rocker studs were 3/8 like my rockers are after looking at the heads on Summit’s website but last night we tried putting studs in them (didnt have them when I bought them) and the studs are 7/16. I know I can get 7/16 studs with a 3/8 top so thats no big deal. The problem is that when I looked on World’s site today they show the heads with 7/16 studs as having springs for a mechanical roller cam instead of a hydraulic roller.

I know the springs arent the stock ones so hopefully Ill be ok. If not Ill probably sell these heads and get different ones.

I also have to get a custom ground cam. Im not too happy about that one. The custom cam company the guy at World recommended charges $450. I dont want to spend that much.

i don’t know shit about v8 aftermarkets, but $450 will buy you ONE cam in the VQ35, 4A-GE or 3S-GTE world :lol . let alone a custom pair…

werd. cams for the k-series are money!

Normally an off the shelf cam is $175-300. Most are around $200 or so.

damn cheapest set of cams for my car that I’ve found are ~$600

so may acctually see this pig out by the end of the year?

no way

EvoSport Race cams for the S52=$1995

:wow FUUUUUUUUUUU that!!

maybe but right now its looking like this:

I dropped the heads off at the machine shop today. The guy there talked me out of milling them to 58cc from 64cc.

Heads are done

you take forever man is this the first car you’ve attempted to build?

hahahahah burnnnnn