Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

05 subaru legacy 2.5gt limited

Leather looks like its in good condition. How many miles?

Trying out a smaller single chamber for now… and if its successful I’ll be picking up a larger one…
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/bathouse.jpg

im going to guess around 168k… :ninja

^ lol yup my new daily driver, gets 24 mpg it’s a mint one owner and it’s the limited package with 6disc in dash and leather and sunroof I’ll hold on to it for a bit and prlly off it before winter maybe unless I really start to like it and just keep it

Leather is in great shape Jim thanks !

Those seats are clean as fuck for 168K.

Why would you sell your M5 and buy a Legacy with 168k on it? :skid

Very big +1 to that. If you got rid of your M5 for that, you’re nuts.

I don’t think I’d ever buy a turbo car with that many miles, especially a Subaru. Hope it has maintenance records out the ass at least. Or a price tag under $5k.

Lmao

Cossey you should know all the expense that goes into driving and owning a car like my m5… Gas, insurance, repairs, etc it all adds up alot more then most cars and really is a fortune. I’ve had alot of high end cars so now I’ll get into something simple until I find something I really like and decide I want to keep.

I bought this Subaru because it was cheap enough until I can find a car I really like, there isn’t much out there that catches my eye besides a Carrera 4s or a e55 amg but I just need something for the time being until I decide what car I want next… Might even keep this as a winter car who knows

I just hope you got it for damn cheap. You have two former Subaru owners/enthusiasts saying the same thing about a car with that many miles. If it was a 6-cyl non-turbo I’d say it’d be a decent buy. Not a 2.5GT with 168k. Yes, the car looks very clean and in great shape, but I just think it was a mistake to swap such a nice M5 for it. I know maintenance costs aren’t great on them, but you could be looking at more than just repairs to this ticking time bomb.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_18293.jpg

Air flange tool

I got one for my father probably going to hang it today. I think its about the same size, it wasn’t the smallest, said up to 50 bats. They had the big ones for 100+ but I figured it’d be worth trying this one first. Let me know if you get anything in it.

I was reading up on it about the best place to mount it, when to mount it, etc. and it said that its better to mount it in the fall/winter before the bats come back for the spring… so it might be a little too late but we’ll see. They also say that it can take a while for the bats to start a colony in the house.

The one thing I’ve got going for me is the swamp land surrounding my house. It creates an almost perfect environment for them (close to water and TONS upon TONS of food… lol) I know that there are at least some bats around my house b/c I started up my track steer Saturday night and got hit in the back of a head a few times by a bat that I apparently scared the shit out of… lol. The mesquitos are absolutely crazy all around my house b/c of all the swamp land. I’m hoping that the bats will take care of the problem.

Not everyone beats the ever living piss out of there lgt.

Woah I want a bat cave now.

It’s not even that. I just think I know a thing or two about the cars and what not and did enough research when I owned one to know how long the running for, maintenance over long term, etc.

E39 M5’s are not known to be cheap to maintain/operate. Especially at higher miles. Sick cars, but also comes with sick maintenance.

I’ve never owned a Subaru before so im all for advice nd suggestions

Cossey what were your bad experiences and were they due to increasing the power out of the motor or were they just normal issues you had to deal with?

Anything I need to watch out for in particular ? I don’t plan on driving the car hard nor do I plan or modding it… So it will stay a daily driver until I sell it or my brother gets it when he is old enough to drive.

As for selling the m5, I got alot of money out of it and paid cheap for this Subaru and have money left over to buy a bike which I have again and to still have money left in the bank. There was no need for an m5 as a daily driver for me. I still have the m3 for a nice summer car and we got a bike too

took delivery on this last thursday

To determine if my experiences were due to increasing power output would be beyond my scope of knowledge. Here’s the issues I had when all I had was an exhaust and tune:

1. Blown turbo. This was caused from the oil return line bursting and draining the motor of oil. It’s common for the feed line to fail. Best bet is taking out the screen filter OUT of the line so the turbo gets more oil without resistance. Oil is filtered through your oil filter anyways, so if your line gets clogged, your oil filter isn’t doing it’s job.
  2. Blown motor. This was from a spun bearing. Most likely cause was the motor being drained of oil one month prior due to issue #1. Just took time to off the motor.

Even when unmodded, factory pistons are like glass. They crack/break ringlands easily. On my 2nd motor, this is what failed, but I also had about 80whp more give or take.

Next up is the transmission. It is virtually the same as the WRX 5MT transmission, which, like the pistons, is made from glass. Or so it seems. This usually is an issue in 300-400whp+ cars, but with higher mileage, I do not foresee power being the main issue, but I may be wrong.