Post a PIC of your latest purchase.

You got Konig RPF-1 knockoffs? Why not just get RPF-1’s?

Better offset, lip, I don’t need 10 lb wheels for my DD.

Basically I bought these because my car isn’t anywhere near ready for anything. It’s a stock drivetrain miata. I’m collecting forged internals and turbo parts but it’s going to be a while before I’m ready for all of that since I’m paying off my truck. The 15x8 +20 I got will fit awesome with the tires I got and they’re not going to break the bank. They’re lighter than most reps at 13.5 lbs as opposed to XXRs at like 16-17 lbs. Rota has some nice reps but they’ve gone up in price. I also got free shipping on these.

:dunno

RPF1 weigh 15lbs, at 17" anyways. I like my Konig ultralites on my Civic, you like them too! 15" weigh 14lbs

Also, Im a ricer;

Make sure you dry the inside of those after the get wet from washing or rain, I found out thats what I have to do with mine or they rust where the threads are. I have the real ones and not dumpy replicas too. I guess if you paint the inside with black model car paint it solves that issue too.

what the hell are you guys talking about? LOL

You have to dry your lugnuts every time? LOL

How about a thin application of antisieze on the threads?

Well thats pretty much any open ended lug, or you meant the washer/seat part? Yeah they’re real, did a decent amount of research before I pulled the trigger. Waynes going to be pissed lol

@KK you wanna help me dry my nuts? haha

I"m not fucking drying them fucking things you fuck.

http://i.imgur.com/7LRaQ.jpg

Also Jim, I got the short ones, not the long r40. Fer weight savings on my racecar daily.

go with ecutek, i know a reaaaaaal good tuner if you need one. :wink:

Just throwing this out there. Dot and ASE say never to put that shit on lug studs. Not like anybody is looking at your car though.

Okay

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4m41viy4I[/ame]

:rofl

I always antiseize my lug bolts. I’ve seen too many of them break on Audi/VW vehicles. If the wheel is properly torqued with the proper seat lug for the wheel (ball or cone), the seat is what holds the lug in place. That’s my guess anyway. Never had a problem with a wheel coming loose or a broken bolt.

You do have to remember however that a lubricated stud has a different torque than a dry stud. So if it is say 50ftlbs dry, it may only be 30ftlbs wet. So by torquing to 50ftlbs you are actually over-torquing the nut.

Judging by the guys shorts, car choice and inability to drive it seems… I would say the lug nuts were all loose becasue he never tightened them, not antisieze. lol

A race car, yeah i wouldn’t put anything on the threads and they would be tq’d every time I got behind the wheel. They also would be coming on and off the car hundreds of times every season.

Daily drivers see a tire rotation maybe twice a year, and maybe a swap from snows to summers. IF AT ALL… most people are lazy and dont even do that. Not to mention most people dont even use proper tq equipment to put their wheels on, factory wheels of course are far more likely to not do so. With all that being said, they get antisiezed becasue breaking rusty ass, gummed up lugnuts and studs sucks.

Hell I have antisized every lug I ever owned, my family ever owned, and any car that comes to me that doesnt already have something on it. Never had a wheel come off, or even loosen up becasue of it. We arnt installing headbolts here, its a hand full of wheel lugs. TQ them accordingly and they arent going anywhere for a daily driver.

That never gets old :rofl:rofl

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=229718

good read for those who care.

I FUCKING HATE ANTISEIZE ON LUG NUTS/STUDS. IT GETS EVERYWHERE. Quit putting it on you idiots.

Well wheels I put on have ten lug nuts and they get set to 500ftlbs. I’ve seen them come loose. We check 2 days after they go back into service and you’d be surprised how loose they get when lubed.

I put some on the thread of a hub when I replace one or replace a set of rotors. Never had a single problem on the 100s of cars that I’ve done this on. Also I don’t torque a lug nut on anything (impact gun goes click click). I have however seen lugs loosen when installed with a torque stick that is a few years old.

YUMAD?

You work on buses right?

Yessir. Don’t tell me it’s totally diffrenet ether.