This is why American Auto Makers are in trouble...

Focus front seats seriously suck balls though, and the stock suspension kind of feels like a baseball on the end of a foot-high slinky. At least the '07s do. The 2L Duratec engine is pretty nice though, despite mine being the tuned for fuel economy and emissions version. It is quite smooth, quiet, and doesn’t mind at all if you wind it out.

Bottom line: America sucks.

I drove a 2005 V6 Sonata to Detroit and back last year and was pretty impressed by it. It’s a very good car for the money. Nothing like the Hyundais of old.

I’ve also driven the newer (03+) Elantra and it is pretty decent, too. Again, pretty good value for the money you spent.

The current Accent hatch has also gotten good reviews, even when being compared to the likes of the Fit and the Yaris. (Everyone seems to pick the Fit as best in class, but the Hyundai beats the Toyota.)

:gotme:

I looked at and drove the buick lucerne. I thought this was the best car at the price that GM made. 4 year bumper to bumper, northstar engine, thought it was a nice addition to their line up.
But people will buy what they want, import or american its their money and people are spending it the way they want to on items they are looking for.

It’s just my personal opinion. They felt like car’s that I could drive for 200,000 miles and hate every one of them.

Haha I rented the Accent in Minneapolis and drove 2 hours east into the plains. The roads were so straight and flat that I couldn’t help seeing how fast I’d dare go. I got the little bastard to hit fuel cut. Getting a Hyundai up to 109mph was the scariest 10 minutes of my life!