state of GM

i feel bad for all the people that are gonna lose jobs because morons ran it into the ground. Fuck GM

i dont understand how gm sucks

they got rejects that killed all the cars people liked and tried to make them buy pieces of shit. you killed your whole RWD line of sedans and left the whole market for ford until dodge came back with the 300. they killed three popular lines in the last 15 years. G,B, and F body. How of each do you still see on the road? TONS!!! They made them cars soo good that people didn’t need new cars so they got greedy, killed them and made disposible cars like saturds and then people decided to go buy something other than junk rather than buy another one.

I get my paycheck. :dunno:

they dont lay off the important ppl, thats why :greddy:

the G, B, F bodies were dated chassis, the new platforms are way better. where i do not agree with their fwd lineup… i do see their rightful move into better platforms

don’t you work for a dealership thou?

gray: Ford’s panther platform has been in use since 79 and is still going strong. why mess with a good thing.

yeah. but its still selling 100% GM product. so therefore in the long run my paycheck depends on the Profits/losses of the GM dealer

Where do I start…
Their business plans suck. Their product is not in demand. Their styling and engineering is sub-par…quality sucks…etc.

I had the honor of meeting a 20yr vet of GM this past weekend who works at the proving grounds in Michigan. He was behind the Pontiac G6 project, which I might add is possibly the only ‘good’ thing I’ve seen come from any of the GM brands in a long time. He then proceeded to show me the 2007 Envoy prototype sitting in his driveway. It was neat seeing a real live prototype vehicle up close and I didn’t want to be rude but let me tell you all I was not impressed one bit. I did ask him about gas milage, he then proceed to throw that power on demand shit in my face. I almost puked.

So really I am not suprised, actually predicted these cutbacks in one of our past GM sucks discussions. The only way GM will survive is to consolidate their brands or limit vehicle types per brand. Cut-backs all around. They should learn from companies like BMW and do their updates in planned blocks of time instead of coming out with a ‘new’ piece of shit car/truck every year, showcasing their lack of quality engineering, style and thoughtfulness. Instead of doing that, they broadcast thier soon-to-be bankrupt status by advertising crazy insane financing for new vehicles. God help them and their execs. If the US auto manufacturers fall, I don’t want to know what’s next.

panther platform? crown vic, correct? every Ford vehicle is on a 100% new chassis with the exception of the crown vic, which is going in for an overhaul next year

27 years later!!! GM could have just as well redesigned the b-body.

:bigok:

sometimes you just gotta retire shit

the solution for GM?

make no cars in north america.

my car was built in korea from australian and korean parts. i’ll bet it costs GM a SHITLOAD less to build my car than to build an Ion.

less overhead = more profit.

the american work ethic, and american car companies’ lack of knowing what the consumer wants/needs, have killed the american auto industry.

is it impossible to think with GM’s resources, cheap asian labour, and better management, that they could put out a line of vehicles comparable to, if not superior to, Toyota’s line-up?

it just sucks for the workers for GM that their jobs are getting cut and America doesnt support it product, ford, gm or mopar

you’re missing the point. when the bbody went they left that whole market for ford. Thats alot of taxi cabs, fleet cars, cop cars, lincolns sold to old men in florida, etc… you can’t sell enough saturds and crapaliers to make that up.

when america puts out a comparable product, i’ll buy american.

a korean 130hp shitbox, loaded, with a 100k warranty, runs about $13k

a japanese 140hp shitbox, loaded, with a 70k warranty, runs about $17k

a cobalt (140hp?), loaded, with a 36k warranty, runs at least $17-18k… extended warranties drive that bitch up around $20k. $20k gets you a pretty fucking nice Civic/Elantra/Corolla.

greedy american workers and a sub-par product make american car companies unable to compete. would you pay $1.75 for Faygo if Coke was $1.00?

alot of ppl seen this coming, its a sad day when thousands lose their jobs. there isnt one garrentied job out there

but why would you want a junk car like the civic,elantra/corolla

buy american and have pride, buy foreign and not have pride…easy solution

hookers and dopemen