Tripple Black COPO Painted

Well after almost 2 years, the tripple black COPO camaro finally got its fresh coat of paint. After hundreds and hundreds of hours of prep, sanding, etc… I think she came out beautiful. I am at our other shop right now and do not have the original pictures to post, but Brian and Joe from Super Car Workshop took these pictures in the booth yesterday and posted it up on their forums. Here is a link. Once I get back to the other shop, ill try and get some higher res pics up. Enjoy!

Scroll 3/4 down the page to see the pictures
Brain from SCW out of Latrobe is the person that posted the pictures

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=scw&Number=271479&page=0&fpart=all

The owner is from Elk Grove, CA… he shipped it all the way here to get it done!!!

Very nice…I think the owners going to be real happy.

Looks awesome…

thats some DEEp shine

:eek3: nice

You should see it in person! Im going to try and make it up to the other shop, maybe around lunch time if I can… and snap some higher res pics.

looks awesome mark

What’s the story on the car? Is it going to be full resto original, resto-mod? All black or some rally stripes?

please all black, that paint is way too purrty to put stripes on.

I’d rock that! Looks killer!

Full original restoration, this car is worth WAY too much money to “customize” it. There will be a small white hand painted pin stripe that will go along the bottom of the sides of the car. These cars are restored to the T.

yeah, in that thread they were talking details like dropped "E"s on the stamped part numbers of the rear end and intentional overspray on the trunk hinges.

btw, you guys did a great job on it. What part did Robert’s play? Was it metal fab, taking the car apart, smoothing?

yea that’s what I was thinking/hoping… COPO cars just don’t appear every day.

Completely numbers matching car? That’d be one heck of a find if so. I don’t know the background on it, but damn. Looks good. My personal favorite is still probably 69 Yenkos though ;). My dad had a frame off resto’d 69 Z28 RS. The only thing that wasn’t correct on it was the glass. The thing was ridiculous - all parts were NOS or originals and it was even taken to the point of having the markings from the assembly line (on the firewall and a couple other places) redone. They even left the stickers on the springs as they would have in 69 and stuff. It’s out west now and last I heard I think it sold for like 68k - much more than he got out of it :(. Muscle cars that are restored properly are seeming to be the best investment anymore. I would love to see this one completed.

We get the cars from SCW without a motor, just basically body on frame. We take the body off the frame, we restore everything, even sourcing parts sometimes. From welding panels in, to the final sanding / buffing. We restore the rear ends even… this car has been here about 2 years to get it 100% perfect. We can do them in about a year, but we were pretty busy this year and had to stop working on it for a little while to catch up with the collision part of the business.

We have done a good deal of them, my dad has a Cortez Silver 69 COPO, I love it, no stripes, nothing, plain silver. Its definatly an investment.

Yes, this car is 100% all matching numbers. We have done a gold 69 Yenko down here that was something crazy like 1 of 6 in that color or something, I cant remember the exact numbers. Your right about the parts, all parts on this car are NOS, same with all the stickers, etc… thats what makes them worth all the $$. This car is worth upwards of $250,000.

Next on the chopping block after this car is completely done, is a 1969 Mustang Boss 429 worth $400,000!!! We have never done a Ford before, but it should go well. The owner of the Boss is from Colorado.

hopefully it will get driven :wink:

I doubt it will… but my dad drives his… onto the trailer and back off :slight_smile:

There worth way too much money to drive on the road.

drool

I understand this, but what were they built for?

These cars were never that nice when new. Most classic cars are over restored today. Cars are just a product, built by a manufacturer for the general public (kind of like a toaster or a microwave). The manufacturers would have lost money if they made them that nice in the beginning.

Looks great by the way.

Look awesome Mark! … That paint looks super deep