airbag explosions (outside of cars)

so, you didn’t want your psgr airbag anymore?

:tup:

nice work

I’ve blown off air bags at work.You can really launch some tires when they explode.A real fun air bag to pop is the ones in the seats.Lay it on its side and watch them flip!

i have done that before its very fun. nice height u got there

i still don’t fully understand how it could be considered SAFE to have something exploding AT YOUR FACE from less than 2 feet away in an accident…

if you’re wearing a seatbelt, odds are you’ll get stopped way before hitting the dash anyway…

i have an extra one laying around i say we get some of us together and video tape the explosion!

lol thats awsome. I’ve had them blow up…in my face when my car hit a pole lol. Those things fucking HURT when they hit your face.

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:26,topic:35695"”]

i still don’t fully understand how it could be considered SAFE to have something exploding AT YOUR FACE from less than 2 feet away in an accident…

if you’re wearing a seatbelt, odds are you’ll get stopped way before hitting the dash anyway…

[/quote]

i just crashed my car on Monday and tell you what i saw that steering wheel coming right for my face and then i had a big push back from that airbag …they smell and it burned the shit out of my stomach…

[quote=“justa4door,post:29,topic:35695"”]

i just crashed my car on Monday and tell you what i saw that steering wheel coming right for my face and then i had a big push back from that airbag …they smell and it burned the shit out of my stomach…

[/quote]

its because it is a chemical reaction that makes the explode so fast. The powder smells like burning plastic. I thaught my car was on fire when I got my senses back and was like oh fuck! and bolted out of the car…then realized it was fine and jumped back in before all the heat got out cuz it was in winter lol.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:21,topic:35695"”]

so, you didn’t want your psgr airbag anymore?

[/quote]

Friend flipped his STI last winter, so we parted it out and had that left.

they did this on mythbusters before… its crazy strong.

airbag 1
bin 0

it was surprisingly loud, louder than a m80. wanted to put a tire on top of it but there were too many cars/buildings around. this was the passenger bag, did the knee airbag too but it sucked.

lol

after watching vid… cars and building not seen ;)…

lol i expected the container to disappear.

That’s not a rubbermaid tote. It’s made by Sterilite and is shitty plastic.

I have a rubbermaid tote that would contain the blast. Oh, before you think I am some sort of tote douche, Rubbermaid is a sister company to the company that I work for.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:37,topic:35695"”]

\Oh, before you think I am some sort of tote douche

[/quote]

That made me LOL so hard

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:37,topic:35695"”]

Oh, before you think I am some sort of tote douche, Rubbermaid is a sister company to the company that I work for.

[/quote]

Thats great I’m cracking up over here :lol:

Bump for airbag in a birthday cake:

https://youtu.be/YljX4E-KNGI