Boost Pressure Switch...

it’s a honda you can’t control 750’s with a AFC at all…my car was pig rich with 450’s.

if you want it to run for any amount of time get a hondata. safc messes with timing way too much on honda’s

good luck with that 11:1 compression motor…

seriously though, why do you need two pumps? the stock honda fuel system, with an upgraded walbro pump is more than enough to support damn near 500 hp. secondly, you have an 11:1 compression motor that you want to turbocharge and all you want to do is stick an AFC and an FMU on it with enormous injectors? off boost the car will simply not run. there is no way. you have tripled the size of the injectors the computer is meant for. the afc at best can handle injectors twice the size of stock and it does it poorly. then you want to try and tune for boost. lets say you try and do this without the FMU. you have your AFC theoretically leaned out 66% (which they can’t do). the computer under lets say 10PSI, thinks your map sensor is still reading vacuum. you’re roughly going to be running about 35 degrees of timing. even if you had an 8.5:1 compression motor, you’re still blowing it up. sorry…not gonna work.

at least if you’re going to do something as not smart as turbo a high compression honda motor, at least splurge on some 15 dollar chips and run crome if not spend the bux on hondata or an EMS.

I understand what you are saying. it isn’t a smart Idea and will barely run off boost.

Granted, the safc and fmu isn’t the best Idea, but I know i could get it to run. How well it would run, hey does it really have to be the fastest pos out there, no.
Its just something I wanted to try and was throwing the dual pump idea out there. To get that compression to work, its going to need fuel, and a shit load of it. If the timing issue was that signifigant, i’d run an MSD BTM…with the dizzy rocked all the way forward it would be fine. Even then, scrap the safc and run crome. I have more experience tuning an safc than crome, so I know i can make it work with that even at full correction…its all about configuring pulse width.

so… the answer to the original question is, there is no reason for 2 pumps. The original idea of this came from Nummy’s old boosted maxima that I had 2 pumps on. they were wired up both all the time though. Thats a high compression motor and needed the fuel for the vortec at 12-14psi.

no IT WILL NOT EVEN IDLE. with 450’s in my car it stumbled a lot at tip in with that set up. it will blow up with a AFC and FMU on that motor and if it doesn’t because of timing it will be cause the rings will be washed out in 10 minutes

thats fine, i wont argue.

thread closed

…u know what though, if you can’t get your car to idle with just 450’s??..then you have problems. My 1500$ black turd hatch idled like it was brand new on 450’s and probably would have hung with your shit! :blah: :mrT: