Built Fox body question

Isn’t 500 hp just about the limit you’d want to take a factory block?

they say thats the limit …

there are at LEAST 12 500+ hp stock block,crank,rods that i know of that are street drivin regularly … … it’s kinda hit or miss

I was thinking the samething. he really wants to sell.

Yeah I wouldn’t go much more on that block.
Seems like a decent price for what is done to the car. Not sure about the rest of it. You’d really have to see it.

If he is claiming 516hp, let him prove it. I would question what rearend he is running, I hope its not the 7.5". The cam is to small, what heads is he using? Ask him to send you the full details of what is done to the motor, Etc, etc. What “Pro Shop” did the work??? and as for the miles of 33,xxx its probably 133,xxx miles because earlier fox bodies odometer only went to 99,999. What might have happened was it just rolled over the 100,000 mile mark back to zero, where this car sits now @ 33,xxx miles.

Carfax it

I would offer $4k

he told me it has a stock 88 GT rear with stock gears but comes with a new Eaton posi with 3.55s, it has aftermarket heads on it, umm he says it could use a bigger radiator as it will get hot on hot days, frame needs tied, basically too much shit for the money he wants, I am taking a pass

and yeah I didnt care for the color too much

8.8 prolly right?

88 gt rear = 8.8, stock gears were 3.08 (?) for 5spds (or 2.73?)… been a while

I think you are right, autos had 3.27’s?

2.73’s were standard for T5’s…3.08’s were optional

Correct.

And if that car is worth $8000, then mine is $20,000. Check on the Corral and you’ll find twice the car for that amount of money that he is asking.