Daves E30 Build [SW | Low is a Lifestyle]

I still really like the contours… I had a set of MINT LTW’s too that were polished and perfect I probably should have never sold.

I <3 style 19s (BBS RF). I cant get enough of that wheel

My old car. Rota P45Fails

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/bennyfizzle/M3%20pics/newwheels004.jpg

the hub centerbores were machined incorrectly and broke or cracked all but two of my wheel bolts.

never again.

jesus fuck! thats awful

Fake wheels are great for drifting, that’s why I kept my Sportmax 962s. Not to mention the 962’s are probably the strongest wheels in existence :rofl

Yeah it was pretty heinous.

Oh wait you mean the machining thing? Yeah that sucked too.

fucking things weigh like 45lbs a pop, they better be strong.

right, thats what i was talking about, the machining :ninja

:rofl

When you use your car for more than just a showpiece, sometimes it’s easier/cheaper to buy knockoffs…if i blast one of my xxr wheels when drifting i’m not out a ton of money

A forged quality 3pc wheel is designed and engineered to take the abuse of a track car. Thats why they cost more. Cheap cast chinese wheels like XXR will crumble into dust if you hit a pothole. Plus, they are thieves.

I’d rather damage my $150 xxr wheel than replace a lip on my works.

for the price of one of those lips you could nuke like 5 XXRs lol

LOL

Lips arent THAT much. depending on the size and who makes them, like $300

That’s two whole XXRs!!

agreed that they are designed for track use, but I still don’t want to pay the price to replace them when I damage them.

and the excuse “knock off wheels will break and crumble when you hit a pothole” is bullshit…when it happens to me or when it happens to someone rather than “yo what I saw on the intertubes” then maybe that argument will become valid

I dont think i know anyone thats on knock offs

HRE wheels are also banned from many racing venues.

Really?

They were banned in some Viper club a few years ago, along with CCW’s, there was some defect with the Viper fitment wheels that caused a bunch of failures with repeated, heavy track use.

Wheels are considered wear parts in racing as well, smart people keep very close watch on ANY of their race wheels, teams that run 3 piece wheels rebuild them regularly. Even monoblock wheels are tossed after so many cycles/hours of usage.