DumpyRide NO MORE. Sti gets what it deserves!

it was never on the dyno with the 40r. it made 405 with a sz49

Ahhhhhh.

Yeah dom drove the car around and beat the shit out of it with the 40r, untuned :rofl

Its visconti tuned. And it holds power unlike the factory placement setup. At 23 pounds its just reaching the meat of the power. Its a daily driver with stock cams and tgv’s made great power.

thats what an idiot would do, wouldn’t expect anything less.

Ya thought so … . Just seems like way to much work and money to pick up 60 whp.

you really have to compare dyno sheets and graphs. It may be only 60 but where and how is the power being delivered to the ground is more important the the final number.

true

its a very usable 465whp i promise and remember he cracked a piston on 405 last time lol. and the customer may be going with e85 and shooting for the mid 500 range next year.

Nice at least the car is in the hands of an owner with a full brain. The car probably moves out well

It really is a blast to drive. Nice linear power band. Rides like a new car. Just fun, its the only way to explain it.

He better pull the motor and do headwork and cams for those kind of numbers on a plain jane 35r:lol His car should be a pretty good race for my little stock location sti:pop

Its still has stock rods though right? Didn’t you just put pistons in it?

Yeah. Def gonna bend some rods soon. Stock STi rods are only good to 400tq.

Nah man stock rods will hold five hundy. I ran 450tq on stock motor and turbo until I cracked a Ringland

Eh, we’ll see.

Hta green is no slouch. And no headwork or cams required. Will make the numbers on e85 and pressure.

I don’t know man. Him and I are about pushing the limits of stock heads and cams…there seems to be a serious wall to hit. I mean look at johns car…he literally has the best heads in the US custom cams, an an 86 and only made 604 on e85@28psi. I can’t see him making more than 520whp@30PSI. Then he will be seriously pushing the limits of stock rods. I can’t even believe that motor has lasted this long (if it’s still the one Dom had in it).

Same motor. I just put gen 1 cp’s in it.

Scary stuff man…same oil cooler/pump etc as the broken motor.