I changed my mind...

Drag racing is fun but mostly timing. I like to drive. Road racing, rallyX, autoX…now that is where the the real fun/skill is. Of course most of the people that think road courses are gay also own cars that have trouble turning to get into a parking space. I have never had the desire to drift, but it is pretty fun to watch.

neither is running a pretty well built talon to a blistering 13.7, but it can out run supercharged mustangs.

it seems like the people that have slow cars like drifting/road racing,auto cross and the people that fast cars like drag. I don’t mind watching people drifting its pretty cool but going out and doing it everyday=poop I like drag better IMHO.

maybe people just like different things and the speed of their car is inconsequential?

x2

maybe just giving my :blanyer: on my perspective on the whole situation,but who the fuck am I to say my sports car hasen’t seen teh road in 2 years :dunno:

So do you think it will be ready for this summer? I may have something to race you in after I sell the gtp…

ok… well being that i think drag is better, i guess i have a faster car? works for me.

i love drag racing. but i also always wanted to get into road racing.

You jumping on the bandwagon and yeah it will be done prob. by the middle of next month

I think the cars built for road racing, drag, drift, and auto x are all very different. Also, because you can go fast in a straight line does not mean you have a fast car. I think road racing cars have the best of everything. They can accelerate quickly, maintain decent topspeeds, and go through turns with ease. A proper auto cross car is usually designed to have superior handling and acceleration, but not too much into high speed cornering and triple digit speeds. Drag cars are usuall built with suspensions to transfer weight to the wheels that move the car. Little is done to a drag car for cornering and they are geared to make it throught a quarter mile as fast as possible without running out of gearing or taking too long to shift. Then there are the drift cars, which have really stiff suspensions and tons of torque. Each type of racing has a car design to make the performance optimized. There is no way to be the fastest at everything. I am just wanting my car to end up having the proper set up for a nice road course. I will probably drag race a few times but if I never make it lower than a high 11 second quarter mile I will not be pissed.

I’ve gone 10 flat last year at salem… and have drifted my ass all the way around north park autox with standing ovations as i crossed the finish line. I actually had ms. raferty giggling on lap…she had a trophy made up for me for that sunday b/c it was my first time in the vette and I tore it up.

I wouldn’t give up drag racing to go roadracing/drift racing/autox’ing…but wouldn’t go the other way. Why limit yourself to one type of motorsport?

Oh I plan to do autox, road race, and drag, but I am not going to build my car to be a drag car. Any racing is fun.

I only ever ran it at the track 3 times. Two of which were within a month of getting the car. That car was a hell of a lot faster than a 13.7. Not having a slip to say so doesnt really bother me.

it dont him either! :booty:

This is a A B conversation. C your way out of it.

do you have to whore up every thread with your stupid ass sayings? :smiley:

dont mind me…just whoring thru

i’m sorry what was that? I cant really make out what you’re saying with you slurping on my balls like that.

:takes balls out of mouth:

is that better