ilya has mad texting skills and is safer than a drunk at the wheel

Mike look it up. There are tests upon tests and the results are that texting is more dangerous then drinking when tested the drivers is at a .08BAC. Now i think we’ll all agree that if you’re at a .20 all bets are off but texting is in no way safe. i haven’t texted while driving in over 6 months, i gave up on that, i don’t even look at the screen if something pops up while i’m driving.

tldr

I remember a bunch of years ago, 1980’s probably, an article in some auto mag. It was an interview with some executive at Mercedes Benz. At the time, Mercedes was apparently one of the last manufacturers to put cup holders in to their cars. When asked why Mercede’s did not have cup holders he replied that when you are in a car, you should be driving…Period. If you want to eat/drink, stop driving.
You can argue all day long about what is worse…dwi, texting, whatever. The fact of the matter is that any type of inattentiveness while driving is dangerous. And I don’t care how good you think you are…If you are not paying attention when behind the wheel…You are a Hazzard!

^well put

TL;DR

1 text per trip? 1 text every 5 minutes? 1-3 words a text or a KK novel per text? I would be willing to bet the “facts” are going to be a bit skewed towards an agenda, because both activities have many incomparable characteristics.

:rofl

its all good man. Its the fuckin internet we cant all get along. haha

Thats the problem, society is trying to put a definition on attentiveness, when it cant be defined. Its impossible to proactivly stop life events by attempting to define that. It can only be reactionary. By definition everything we do behind the wheel, even driving the damn car itself, could be considered a hazzard! Make a law that called “your a moron, look at what you did” and call it a day! lol

In for when Ilya dies reading one of KK’s posts while driving

/\ LOOOL

Can we just ban my brother for usuing up to much of the internets space? Listen to jake, but in either case neither scenario is proper. Texting and drinking both affect ones driving. Seems rather easy to comprehend.

I am texting and drinking right now. Maybe thats clouding my interwebs judgment too.

i drank my phone

Will read this later when i’m driving and have time.

We’re all guilty of doing something distracting while driving at some point whether its texting, beating your girlfriend/wife/kids, looking for a cd, looking for change for the tollbooth, texting, shaving, putting on makeup, spanking the monkey, reading a map/book/paper, making phonecalls, etc.

Im pretty sure not too many of us drive with our hands at 10 and 2 at the exact speed limit with our full focus on the road ahead.

Everyday.

http://i.imgur.com/k2GlM.jpg

Yup.

Though I heard DMV was having people keep their hands at 8 and 4 on the wheel now due to “fatigue” or something. That’s where my hands usually are, and then I go 9 and 3 for track driving. And hood rats keep it at just 12.

I drive with a ham egg and cheese in one hand, YooHoo cocamilk in the other, and knee at 6.

somehow managed to make it to work in one piece too. :dunno

I keep one hand at nine. I can keep my arm on my arm rest on the door that way and jerk off with the other hand.

That’s OK guys, keep up the texting, eating, and Gods know what, while you are driving…In my line of work…I call it job security!

This is easy. Caretaker :ninja