07 Cobalt SS bolt on thread *New Pics pg. 3*

those things must move… i was debating over an SS/SC as a new daily driver… jeep will be paid off this May, and i was thinking about something a little better on gas

wait for the turbo cobalt…260hp

I will prob be able to get the SC one for cheap once the new ones come out :D… Im not going to race the car or mod it, just maybe a pulley and a cai or something, it would be nice to have a car that isnt boring as hell to commute with every day

pulley injectors and tune for less than $500. Enough power for a dd. That’s what i have got now. Starting to dump money into my Camaro.

yeah ive got plenty of power and now my wife will have to figure out how to handle it. I have a bunch of upgrades. The LNF engine isnt supposed to be as strong as the LSJ in the cobalt now so turboing the LSJ is actually more beneficial then buying the turbo balt when it comes out

im upgrading just a “tiny” bit though:)

does anyone have any recomendations on a clutch? i want a hyper single but i dont think i can afford it.

I would wait to buy one until you can afford the exedy. Tons of people have other clutches and all of the other brands have had something wrong with them. Wether they fixed the problems or not, I have no idea. Exedy is THE only clutch I have heard absolutely NOBODY have ANY complaints about. Besides if you buy a clutch and flywheel your going to pay about that much for anything…I dont think you can re-use the stock flywheel anyway…I can show you what the stock setup looks like as I still have it in my basement.

thanks for your opinion…from what ive read ive also only heard good things about it. so you cant re-use the stock flywheel with the exedy…but doesnt it come with a new flywheel?

Exedy comes with a new flywheel,the 6 puck clutch and the new pressure plate…do a search for it on here…I posted pics of the thing before it went into the car. To me it doesn’t look like you could reuse the stock flywheel with ANY aftermarket clutch. Who knows…I could be wrong.if you check cobalt forum you can usually get some sort of deal. Maybe check with Paul at swervemotorsports…he gets really good deals on exedy…

+1 exedy. 05Oranges SS’s was great.

yeah theres a vendor on cobaltss.net that has them for $1000 shipped with free SS clutch lines. they also take payments and charge no interest so i might do that.

yeah exedy is the only way to go.

And the stock flywheel has been causing issues with all of the after market clutches other then the exedy like chris said. Drop the dough and get the exedy youll love it

yeah ill end up dropping the cash for it. chris let me drive his car one night and i fell in love with the exedy lol. i think its because of his car im modding mine haha

I also recommend new era for your injector/pulley/tune package. Mike knows these cars well and since you daily your car I can knowingly tell you that you will have NO problems with ANY of their work. I put about 18k miles on the cobalt in 07 before I got rid of it, 8 months of driving on a New Era tune and it ran like a champ EVERYDAY!

oh i know when i do get a pulley and injectors they are tuning it. will the car run decent enough to drive it to them you think? my GF goes to school in batavia and i was thinking of slapping everything on there and limping it to new era

i don’t recommend driving at all with the 60# injectors without getting it tuned.

yeah dont drive without at least a base tune. find someone to flash here if need be or install out there. It doesnt take long to do the injectors and the pulley

If you need a new clutch definitely go with the exedy. I have heard nothing but good things about it. Everyone seems to have problems with all of the others. I had heard a while back that ACT was making a clutch for us but they never came through.
Why do you need a clutch so soon? The stocker is fine. I have 27k and counting on the stocker and the car has been pushing 250+ since 8k on. No slipping here. :knocks on wood:
As far as i know the 60lbers are a different impedance than the 42s and the stockers so i don’t think you can even drive around with them at all without a tune. I have heard pretty good stuff about new era perf. Their shop car is pretty impressive for what it has done to it.

im heading to new era tomorrow morning actually. they are a great bunch of guys. Before i went down to innovative mike at new era was helping me with some issues i was having with my wideband over the phone.

Car won’t run on 60lb injectors without a tune…period. Just have new era install them when you go there…it’s only $60 if I recall correctly(1 hour shop labor)