07 Cobalt SS bolt on thread *New Pics pg. 3*

i believe the warrenty on a clutch ends at 12,000 i would get those mounts and shit of and back to the dealer

But he’ll get another shitty OEM

hold him over till he has the cash for the clutch. plus he could sell a brand new clutch and get the money for it

Isn’t there a recall on the cobalts for that? my dad works at paddock, I remember him telling me that is very very common

its all about driver input. seriously. there is a video on css.net about it. guy shows shifting regularly and getting the slip or tire spin. then he explains a bit and shows how changing how you engage the clutch makes for a better shift.

its in the how to section. by anomolous.

25k+ here no slipping. :knocks on wood:

I have my fair share of launches on it and 9 passes at the track with it.

Too late now really. Most dealers won’t do it anymore. A couple 05 guys got their clutches warrantied and few 06 guys but that was early, early on.

Give it a try it’s worth a shot.

Not a bad idea, but the stock clutch is fine as long as you don’t go turbo.

It really is all about driver input on these clutches. They glaze very easily. Don’t slip out too much or at all unless you have to. And don’t shift before 3000 rpm in the early gears (at least 1 and 2). This has worked for me and my clutch still holds very strong. I have been modded since 8k miles or so and i have just about 26k on it now. If you get a chance find and watch the video. I’d link you to it but css.net is down now…again. Good luck.

Oh and, if it’s not too far gone your clutch can come back. I’ve seen it happen with a couple guys down here on LI. Just treat it nice for a while don’t do hard pulls or lauch it and it may come back using driver input.

So in other words they put shitty clutchs in em and the driver has to compensate for it …Get the exedy, lol

the way it sounds from people is the driver is shitty and the clutch is sick of trying to compensate

well the way it was explained to me I’ve never heard of having to drive like that just so your clutch doesnt slip, Im still call crappy equiptment

Any clutch relies on driver input to last long. Certain ones just need more help. This seems to be one of them.
Another factor may be because of the typical age of a Cobalt SS driver and maybe lack of experience. That could be another reason for such a wide range of failure. Just a thought.

IDK I found that how to vid, IDK if Anthony has seen it yet but, what It basically explains is if your car has a loss of traction in 1st the wheels will spin at redline but the car isn’t actually moving fast enough to go to second, this becomes a problem because this car doesn’t get traction in first…at all so what I get form this is you cant go from a dig what so ever, cause it just wont handle it, this sux and it should be a recall from Gm cause that shitty clutch wont hold the Pwr, I do understand what you mean about driver input, ya know if you launch at 4k every time you take off of course your clutch isn’t gonna last long, but that’s not the case here, that clutch wont hold the power after 10k and its isn’t right, heres the vid for referance.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v34/dragongirl78/?action=view&current=Clutchslip.flv

okay the first time he launched it hard but the 2nd time he took off slow then punched it.

im still buying the exedy lol

lol, yeah what he said was your car “has” to be going a cetian speed to go for second at WOT or it will slip, BTW thats for leaving yourself logged it to cobaltSS.net on my computer, lol I looged out.

the way GM sees it is you shouldn’t be racing and abusing the vehicle. and apparently the suspension of the 09 SS T/C has fixed the wheel hop issues.

also, if JDM has been driving it hard from digs already and gotten wheel hop there is a good chance he may have cracked the transmission case where its a slow leak and leaks onto the clutch. this has also been said to happen on css.net and GM will void the entire warranty because of abuse. GM knows of the wheel hop issue and uses it as an upper hand.

i dont drive it from digs…ive launched it 5 times if that. only time ive beat on the car is from a roll.

IDK think so I’ve gotten Pwr steering fluid on my clutch and it was undrivable its unlikely

if my case was cracked would i have to take the tranny out to check it?

Troof.

yeah