A tribute to the soft drinks that are no longer with us.

That was a funny spoof!

Well you learn something new every day. Shit, I got today’s learning out of the way by noon. :tup:

I am almost positve Sprite bought Dr. Pepper a while ago, now Schwepps own them.

Surge was an interesting drink. It wasnt mountain dew, Its not what vault is now. It was just…different. Wasnt bad, wasnt really that good. I can drink Mountain dew all day.

And orbitz was just fucking weird

I alwyas thought it was a coke product too, guess i was worng. I know Dr. pepper is bottled by pepsi around here but is not a pepsi product.

:lol: I remember I brought a bottle in for lunch at middle school and got in trouble for it being glass.

7up;

7 Up (or Seven Up) is a brand of a lemon-lime flavored soft drink, and is now a 100% Natural Lemon-Lime Soft Drink. The rights to the brand are held by Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages in the United States, and by PepsiCo in the rest of the world (sublicensed to Britvic in Great Britain and C&C in Ireland).

Sierra Mist;

Pepsi began selling a drink known as Storm in 1998 to test in some markets. The drink was primarily lemon-lime, but some consumers thought it tasted too much like a hybrid between lemon-lime and Pepsi’s own Mountain Dew. In 2000, Pepsi reformulated Storm and changed its name to Sierra Mist. A Diet Sierra Mist was introduced during this time as well. The product was sold in two thirds of the continental US and had better sales success compared with Storm. In 2002, just two years after hitting the market, the drink had a redesigned package resembling itself more like a lemon-lime drink.

Sprite;

Sprite is a clear, lemon-lime flavored, low caffeine soft drink, produced by the Coca-Cola Company. It was introduced to the United States in 1961. This was Coke’s response to the popularity of 7 Up, which had begun as “Lithiated Lemon” in 1929. It comes in a primarily green and blue can or a green transparent bottle with a primarily green and blue label. Sprite is also found in 8oz. glass bottles. Currently, Sprite is sold in over 190 countries.

do they still make mr pibb? i used to love that shit…

Yup, Mr Pibb is hard to find, and is Coke’s answer to Dr. Pepper.

they have mr. pibb at fuddruckers

I wish i would have stocked up on SURGE
http://cgi.ebay.com/SURGE-SODA-COKE-POP-RARE-12OZ-CAN-GREAT-UNOPENED-FULL_W0QQitemZ160081450780QQihZ006QQcategoryZ13604QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The final brother of the Wild Bunch and its most androgynous member, Tropical Chill Pepsi didn’t want you to know what it was made of

This made me :rofl:and oddly enough, we have shit like lemon vanilla vomit flavored colas now.

I seriously would be willing to bet the “Wild bunch” would fly today

ugh wild bunch FTW

man i wanna try that stuff now

whatever happened to Dad’s Rootbeer??? that was some good stuff right there…

They had it at the machine outside Walmart, but they ditched the 50 cent can machine in favor of all plastic bottles. I WILL NOT drink any soda from plastic bottles, they are always trying to push those on everyone.:banghead: Always piss warm and they don’t taste the same. So no more Mr Pibb there. Do they have it outside the Tops by the Ritz anymore?

Mello Yellow is missing.

They still got Mello Yello at the Regal.

Surge, I think the height of that drink was 1997. I know because I was living in VA and use to take several trips back home…

They do?

Mello Yello never died off. You just don’t see it in NY very often for some reason. I used to love surge back in middle school.